Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2005, 9:20 pm

Left to my own devices, I am quite the slob. However, many years ago I hit on a fool-proof method of making myself clean and organize my home: invite company for dinner once or twice a month, even if it's just my mother or the next door neighbors (hubby is very social, so we do have "friends" in the neighborhod, thanks to him).

It's been working for me for the past 20 years. Just don't drop in unannounced, please! :lol:

Yinepuhotep
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 May 2005, 10:37 pm

Sophist wrote:
http://www.tourettesyndrome.net/ef_overview.htm

The above is a VERY good site which addresses Aspergers amongst other things. It focuses a lot on Tourette's Syndrome of course, being the name of the site. I recommend you check it out. There is a WEALTH of information there, including also on Sensory Processing Disorder which has to do with the hypo/hypersensitivities which often accompany Aspergers and other related disorders as well.

Enjoy!

Fascinating! Thanks very much. There's a lot of interesting (and far too familiar) stuff there.

rearden
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 May 2005, 6:11 am

I'm completely unorganized, and my house tends to be a disaster area. I just don't think about cleaning for the most part. My only redeeming quality is that because of my good memory, I can remember exactly where pretty much any given item is in the pile of stuff I often have surrounding my work area.

Lately, I'm fortunate enough to have a very good friend who understands my oddities and helps me out a lot. He comes over all the time and lectures me if I'm getting messy, and compliments me if I remembered to vacuum or don't have a sink full of dirty dishes. That helps profoundly, and I've noticed I'm a lot happier and more comfortable when I'm not living in a pig sty.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2005, 4:48 pm

Yes, I don't much like living like this. I don't mind throwing things away, but I hate the cleaning part of it, especially if any of that stuff touches my hands. And I have a hard time with smells, depending on whatever I am cleaning.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

coffeenogrumpy

01 Jun 2005, 2:35 pm

stay here :D

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2005, 1:11 am

If i weren't so lazy i would prefer to have s**t hanging from the walls and off my furniture, i'd love to make a nest out of all the crap i've got in here. Infact i'm tempted to get a staple gun and start today.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2005, 9:39 pm

I have a messy organized way of organizing. Everything has a place, but I don't care if putting it there makes the room look like shi*. And so, everything is messy, yet organized. My computer is different, everything's perfectly organized. My music folders are all organized well too. And yet, regardless of how many times I've cleaned my room, it always looks bad.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 10:03 am

Temple Grandin noted in one of her books, by the way, that because of the way things are routed in the brain, many differences or damage in lots of areas of the brain will look like "frontal lobe problems" even if the frontal lobes are totally normal. Which might be why executive dysfunction happens in people with so many different conditions.

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 10:40 am

Welcome to WP!