Would you let your man purchase your feminine products?

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Would you let your man purchase your feminine products?
Yes, We're both in this relationship together. 31%  31%  [ 27 ]
Yes, We're both in this relationship together. 31%  31%  [ 27 ]
No, I wouldn't want to embarrass him like that. 10%  10%  [ 9 ]
No, I wouldn't want to embarrass him like that. 10%  10%  [ 9 ]
I don't know what I would do. 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
I don't know what I would do. 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 88

caramel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Feb 2007, 11:44 pm

damn right he does... lolllll
and he better not be ashamed to do it either since he knows i do equally "loving" things for him most of the time... lol so he meets me half way and i meet him the other half...

coolstertothecore
Toucan
Toucan

11 Feb 2007, 1:11 pm

My boyfriend doesn't have a problem with buying anything fortunately. The way I see it, the cashier knows that they're not for him, so that's less embarrassing than me buying them, when they're for me. Especially if the person at the till is a 15-year old boy who is blushing. Luckily for me my boyfriend doesn't expect me to buy anything remotely embarrassing in return - I actually went bright red once when buying a bottle of wine. The reason why? I thought I looked younger than 18, even though I was 20 and I had ID. The mere thought of being asked for ID made me blush. I'm hopeless. :)

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 1:30 pm

Hi,

To answer the question posed in the subject line of the original post to this topic, the answer should almost always be no.

I am a man, and if I had a girlfriend|fiancée|wife|mistress and I asked her if she needed anything when I was running errands, I would be meaning something more along the lines of food, drink, things in general. Going shopping for tampons, make-up, and girly magazines, though, isn't my thing. I think these sorts of things are the things women should get on their own unless they are seriously incapacitated.

agent79
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Feb 2007, 1:32 pm

My husband is SO sweet, and, despite being incredibly embarassed, he does buy these items when I require him to do so.

He has ALSO learned the valuable lesson that you do NOT shop for the "superior" item or the "best deal".

He came home 4 or 5 years ago with a "generic" brand of tampons in a gigantic size that I would never use in a "MEGAPACK"...I was VERY unhappy.

He explained that we could save 4 cents with each tampon by purchasing this brand in bulk. He further explained that if I would move up in absorption that I would have to change less often and save even more money. :roll:

I did not switch, and he went and purchase the right brand and right size.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2007, 12:03 am

sweetpraline wrote:
This is for those of you who are married or involved in a relationship. Would you let your man purchase your feminine hygene products (pads, tampons, etc.) Like if you husband or boyfriend said, "Honey, I got to run to the store. Do you need anything?" and you say "Yes, sweetheart, could you pick me up a box of Tampax?"

I don't know about you all but I don't think I could ask a male companion to purchase my feminine hygene products. I just feel that these products are personal and I should go to the store and get them myself. I feel that he would be embarrassed. I could just see him right now in the feminine hygene aisle at the store trying to figure whether he should get maxi or mini pads or super or regular absorbancy and hope none of his friends walk in and catch him there.

Why on earth not? I'd have him get a box of trojans, while he was at it. :D