Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

xxrobertoxx
Raven
Raven

06 Mar 2007, 10:25 pm

I get extended time on my IEP at school (I'm a senior in high school) and in my Cisco class we started taking these timed tests online on the computer and this one kid in my class was wanting everyone in the class to shut up so he could take his test and not run out of time because he said it only gave him 25 minutes or so (it has a count down timer) and then I said that mine was something like 51 minutes or so (on my account thing for the test it says I get double time for an accomidation) and he didn't like that very much. The next day I said something to him about it and he said that it has always taken him longer to do things like take tests and such. However he isn't on an IEP or anything like that as far as I know, at least he said he wasn't so I'm sure he's not otherwise he wouldn't have said that. I told him that I got extended time because it was on my IEP that I had since I think elementary school. Also I think he said that sometimes it takes him longer to read things. So I don't know, I'm not saying that it could mean that he has Asperger's but maybe something else or maybe nothing at all and it just takes him longer though I would think something would cause him to take longer but then I guess I don't really know. He seems to be social and all so I don't think that he would have AS but I don't really know much about him, I never do anything with any of the kids in my classes outside of school. He's 17 and I'm 19 because I started school in Canada (I'm now back in the USA) and plus my mom held me back in 2nd grade which was when we moved from Canada to the US when my parents got divorced and I moved back to the US with my mother and younger brother. So I guess I'm just wondering what anyone else might think about this? Maybe I should just not say anything more to him and mind my own business? It's not like it is going to affect me or anything so I don't even know why I bother to think about it but I just did.