Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 3:17 pm

I'm just doing a sociological expirement, basically I'm just going to observe peoples' reactions here. This is how you play this game, it's a game for liberals and conservatives.
If you are on the red team, I would like to hear you state 3 things you dislike about the red team, and 3 things you like about the blue team.
And if you are on the blue team, state 3 things you dislike about the blue team, and 3 things you like about the red team....
And, please do not let this get into a flame war between the two groups, I would rather this be a civil discussion. Name 3 things you like about the other team, and 3 things you dislike about your own team.

Erlyrisa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 3:23 am

If I got this right I think you mean ,LEFT's and RIGHT's .. the rest of the world uses this terminolgy to distinguish 'Marxist' style sociology and 'Capitalist/Democracy' style socialogy.... in which case

-I'm with the Republicans. ...but on the odd occasion it's good to give them a wake up call and let the Democrats do things thier way.

...there is a saying in Australia .. you don't vote your government in ... you vote your government out.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 5:03 am

i just registered as a republican...so three things i like about democrats, eh?

1. they are more forward thinking on domestic social issues.
2. they look to be more progressive and try to catch up to the rest of the world culturally, politically, and technologically.
3. they've yet to try and impeach president bush despite all of his setbacks and failures.

what i don't like about republicans

1. their attitude towards others less fortunate strikes me as very detached and almost disturbing.
2. they wasted my money on impeaching clinton over getting a blowjob(which is a matter for a civil court, not government time) and also wasted my money putting an anti-gay marriage amendment on the floor that obviously could never pass and i'd like to get that money back for every hour they wasted debating that issue.
3. they seem to have lost touch with the original ideals of small government and staying out of private citizens' private affairs...at least when it suits them best with hot topic issues or issues they make hot topic like flag burning, gay marriage, abortion, censorship in video games, music and movies(oh wait, the democrats are equally guilty on this one!) and they generally seem to embrace a very liberal stance while being regressive socially and politically.

.........okay, i don't really like democrats...which is why i couldn't write anything nice about them. they're lying bastards who pretend to be progressive but never actually push any truely progressive issues. they also seek to ban guns and abolish the 2nd amendment. and they're as bad, and sometimes worse, than republicans on the issue of censorship (the big examples here are tipper gore, al gore, joe lieberman, and hillary clinton).

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 10:36 am

Ok, so things I like about the democrats/left wing.

1. They offer a balance to the insanities of certain right wing groups.
2. They offer intellectually stimulating conversations from time to time.
3. They tend to be more socially accepting.

As can be noted I typically do not believe in left-wing ideas, and even though many left-wing ideas are not entirely bad or even good, I tend to distrust these ideas and think that other ideas are better. This can also believe me to distrust the left if only for the rhetoric used on the issues I pay attention to.

Things I dislike about the right-wing/republicans

1. They are now obsessed with bringing us to greater federal deficits, I mean, really, should conservatives forget fiscal conservatism?
2. They are not decreasing the government but rather making it bigger and uglier.
3. They are comprised of politicians and it shows.