How many are taking medication for AS related symptoms?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

How many are taking medication for AS related symptoms?
Yes 50%  50%  [ 25 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 50

bigwheel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Nov 2012, 3:43 pm

For those needing perscription sleep meds I would not like to use Xanax. I have tried it. It makes me sleep good but then I dont want to quit sleeping till at least noonish..lol. Would endorse Florazepam aka Dalmane. That stuff knock a person out like a light with not much hangover. Depends on the old do you fall asleep easy and wake up easy or etc. This one knock you out and keep you knocked till time to get up. Xanax is also not meant for chronic depression or sleep issues. Its a stop gap measure for extreme cases of anxiety panic attacks etc. Any that are taking it daily need to slowly get weaned off. Wine also works great for sleeping. Moonshine too..lol. Beer gets the bladder too riled up.

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 7:34 am

madnak wrote:
I don't know if depression counts as an "AS-related" symptom or just a common comorbid condition, but social anxiety and OCD have a lot of overlap. I'd probably have answered "yes" for any of the three.

Yes, I would count that as AS-related.

Wow, over 50% of us that answered are on meds. That surely is much higher than "genpop".

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

bigwheel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Nov 2012, 10:19 am

We cant get our Aspie kin to even take an aspirin. Going to the doctor to get pills is plumb out of the question. No need to even mention an injection cause he aint going for it. Might get the needle in right after the fight. I would start with 10 full grown men to attempt to hold him down..lol.

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 12:42 pm

I take tablets for anxiety/depression.