Another 'was hitler autistic' thread.

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2013, 4:42 pm

I don't think Hitler was a sociopath. It sounds like he did care about Germany, in a twisted way, whereas a sociopath only cares about themselves. Plus, Hitler clearly had suicidal tendencies (he wrote in his diary that he'd kill himself if he wasn't elected leader of the Nazi party, and he did kill himself when he realized he was losing the war) and sociopaths are much less likely to be suicidal than NTs are.

I also doubt he was autistic. It would be pretty difficult for an autistic person to get that good at making speeches.

GnothiSeauton
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Apr 2013, 10:17 pm

Adolf Hitler seems to fit he Borderline Personality description, though his public "stimming" as well as the attention to the strategizing and tactical detail point to HFA. His snapping manner and suicidal tendencies fit the BPD. I know a number of borderline people who adhere to his cognitive and affective manner. Seeming scary and alluring while disregardful of other peoples' feelings/needs amounts to BPD. BPD's seem to have the effeminized aspie/sociopath quality to their personality type. I've been threatened with suicide by a BPD friend while she was shouting dictates at me. While I take some pity to this sociopathic type I must recommend telling them they should go f**k themselves when they threaten you. It seems the only way to control their impulsivity (they bend to threats better than to supplication). I've learned this lesson the hard way.

P.S.
I am an exhibit of the aspie/schizoid/histrionic/sociopathic mix which confuses the hell out of myself as well as out of everyone around me (as per don't judge others whilst not willing to judge yourself).
I've had a hell of a ride in my life and approach it as a beautiful lucid dream.
I search for beauty in order to release it.

Always reinterpret, always reinterpret, always reinterpret...

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 2:45 am

Ettina wrote:
I don't think Hitler was a sociopath. It sounds like he did care about Germany, in a twisted way, whereas a sociopath only cares about themselves. Plus, Hitler clearly had suicidal tendencies (he wrote in his diary that he'd kill himself if he wasn't elected leader of the Nazi party, and he did kill himself when he realized he was losing the war) and sociopaths are much less likely to be suicidal than NTs are.

lol, Of course Hitler cared about Germany since it was basically HIS country at least for awhile, and Hitler "cared" about the German people since they were needed to fight his wars for him. Also, committing suicide to rob the enemy of the satisfaction of capture sounds like the act of a sociopath. I remember The History Channel said numerous times that he was a psychopath(i.e. a severe sociopath).

Mike1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 4:15 pm

It's possible that Hitler could have been autistic, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. The millions of NTs who followed him were equally as evil as him in their hearts, they just weren't nearly as smart as him. If Hitler had autism that isn't really proof that we're more evil than NTs, just that we're smarter than them. I'd rather be associated with a brilliant evil guy than with a cult of evil dumb asses. The propaganda that many people believe today is proof that there are still cults of dumb asses. They're not necessarily evil, but if they were exposed to the right propaganda, they could become evil. Most people have the potential to become Nazi-like if they're exposed to the right propaganda and social influences. If the media suddenly, somehow became completely Nazi-like, most people would probably willingly go along with it. They would probably give in to the barbaric passion for hatred inside themselves, and make no attempt to preserve a righteous, civilized society. All the ignorant people today think that autistics are evil, but they don't realize that it's the same ignorance that led Hitler's followers to become the way they were. Before they were exposed to his propaganda, many of Hitler's followers weren't any worse than many of the ignorant people today.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 9:39 pm

Like with Anders Breivik he prolly had more than one "component"/issue leading him down a dark path.........

"It sounds like he did care about Germany"

Not when Berlin was falling to pieces he didn't..........

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 10:39 am

Ettina wrote:
I also doubt he was autistic. It would be pretty difficult for an autistic person to get that good at making speeches.

Sometimes autistics are very good at making speechs, talking in public, etc.; the problem is in informal, mutual, conversation.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 11:11 am

... and, as I have understood, he had a problem there.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 11:18 am

moved from General Autism Discussion to Random Discussion

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 12:00 pm

TPE2 wrote:
Ettina wrote:

Sometimes autistics are very good at making speechs, talking in public, etc.; the problem is in informal, mutual, conversation.

This describes me well. And its why I think he probably was on the spectrum.
The real question isn't was he, its why does it matter? Who cares what people have been on the spectrum. Especially with how different every case is

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 12:29 pm

Having read the article, I must say, it seems very likely. He could also have been subclinical, as other psyciatrists claim, with a good extra dose of narcissism in the package.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

05 Apr 2013, 2:29 pm

Understanding Madmen: A DSM-IV Assessment of Adolf Hitler (pdf)
www.uccs.edu/~faculty/fcoolidg/Hitler%2 ... nproof.pdf

TrainofLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Apr 2013, 7:38 am

This thread is out of mein kampfort zone, anne frankly it bores me.

CrazyRatLady
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Apr 2013, 12:14 pm

He could have been autistic, certainly. Many of his traits do suit the diagnosis. However, I myself do not think his autism (if he indeed had it) caused him to go insane. What I believe really made him go insane is the gas attack he survived during the first world war. He went temporarily blind and this scared and saddened him greatly. Trauma can make any man go insane, some just more than others. To me it seems Mr. Hitler went psychotic as a result of the traume he underwent during the first world war. What differentiates him from other severely psychotic individuals seems to be that he had another trait: charisma. He was an extremely intelligent man and a very talented public speaker. These two traits are what caused him to become truely dangerous. Had he not had these characteristics he would have been just another madman, never heard of, dying alone. Yet he did have those characteristics, and thus caused great harm upon the world.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 3:51 pm

Excellent insights, RatLady.

Sylkat

TrainofLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Apr 2013, 9:50 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
moved from General Autism Discussion to Random Discussion

I did Nazi that coming! :lol:

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 5:13 pm

chris5000 wrote:
theres a lot of lies about Hitler

you should watch hitler the greatest story never told

I heaed of that. thanks for reminding me of it.