Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Chytownangel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Sep 2004, 2:20 pm

Hi! My name is Angel and I have just joined this WrongPlanet.net thing! I am happy to find a place like this. I also belong at the Aspie Hangout in DelphiForums.

The reason for this post is, I was looking for a support group or social group for people with Asperger's Syndrome in my area, and I was looking at this site called Meetup.com because there didn't seem to be anything else available to adult "Aspies" in my area. I found that there were 34 people in my area who had signed up to meet up about Asperger's Syndrome, but a meeting had never taken place because nobody ever RSVP;d, or something. I also found out that now Meetup.com has a new thing where someone has to volunteer to organize the meet ups for each group. So, for some reason, I volunteered! Mostly because I REALLY want someplace to go. I have never gotten the chance to talk to other adults with Asperger's Syndrome in person!

So, for any of you who are in or near Chicago, I would like to invite you to come to our Meetup thing! Go to: http://aspergers.meetup.com/31/

I hope to see some of you there! Thanks!

- Angel