Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2005, 3:58 am

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJ ... 070305.htm

Quote:
DAYTONA BEACH -- Elizabeth Book stood near four bare-breasted Grecian muse sculptures on Peabody Auditorium's wall. Accompanied by one supporter Saturday, she held a protest flag that read "Sic Semper Tyrannis," -- Latin for "Thus always to tyrants" -- and a portrait of a woman warrior with one breast bared.

Book's eyes full of fear, she stood fully aware of the consequences of what she was about to do. Then, gradually, she pulled down her tube top exposing her breasts to an audience of a couple of bystanders, a reporter and a photographer.

Two unmarked and one marked police vehicles pulled up and blocked the intersection. Two female police officers jumped out with handcuffs and a garment to cover Book, and arrested her on a charge of disorderly conduct.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2005, 6:10 am

I would love to see such a form of free speach be allowed to grace the fine streets of jesus land one day...err i mean the united states.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2005, 9:03 pm

The controversy over naked female breasts is so odd. Think about it. When a woman wears a shirt you can see the shape of her breasts. Most people don't have a problem with that. There is one difference between clothed breasts and naked breasts: Nipples show when breasts are nude. Men are allowed to go shirtless and they are showing nipples. What is the difference between female nipples and male nipples? :? It's just one of those weird things, I guess.

Last edited by Bec on 06 Jul 2005, 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2005, 2:46 am

theyre called social norms, and they are repeated by speakers implanted into NT brains until they obey them like robots.

Voice billowing in head: The female breast is shameful and should not be seen by strangers!
You: Uhh... no? Who cares.

1,357 million repetitions later....

Voice billowing in head: The female breast is shameful and should not be seen by strangers!
You: The female breast is shameful and should not be seen by strangers.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2005, 5:30 am

LMAO.... you must be right. It seems to go with the whole 'The human body is dirty and shameful, and those who look upon it will be tempted by the devil! Get ye some clothes on - lest others become sinfully aroused by your wickedness!' mindset.

Over here, attitudes are a little less hysterical thankfully - public nudity is technically illegal but the police and public opinion are pretty laidback about it - we do have a nude hiker who comes out in the summer though. His girlfriend is joining in with him this year, lol - He does get in bother though occasionally but people seem to be getting used to him now. Rather him than me - its a bit wet and windy on those hills... imagine the chafing... :P

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2005, 11:13 am

duncvis wrote:
LMAO.... you must be right. It seems to go with the whole 'The human body is dirty and shameful, and those who look upon it will be tempted by the devil! Get ye some clothes on - lest others become sinfully aroused by your wickedness!' mindset.

Over here, attitudes are a little less hysterical thankfully - public nudity is technically illegal but the police and public opinion are pretty laidback about it - we do have a nude hiker who comes out in the summer though. His girlfriend is joining in with him this year, lol - He does get in bother though occasionally but people seem to be getting used to him now. Rather him than me - its a bit wet and windy on those hills... imagine the chafing... :P

Dunc

On an amusing note, Here in the UK, topless saleswomen are allowed in Liverpool.... But only in Tropical Fish stores......

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2005, 9:58 pm

You often can see my nipples through clothing, for whatever reason.

But I wish going topless or naked was not considered automatically sexual. I just hate clothing and wish I could get away with not wearing any. Unfortunately I can only do this in the house.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2005, 4:07 am

On a more distasteful note, does anyone want me to go protest like she did and get all dressed up as a woman and then reveal a breast. Do you think they'll jump me too?

I'm a male.
I have an extra X chromosome so i have breasts.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 12:15 am

Glad to hear you're abreast of the situation...

:roll:

Wisguy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 10:59 am

Why does it strike me that the females whom would be most inclined to let them all hang out are the ones whom are the least worthy of all of being 'admired'??? :?

Mike