Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

EvilWalks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Aug 2005, 5:19 pm

Just got back from California yesterday. Been gone 5 days.

We stayed at the Hilton. My parents called room service before we left to go to Disneyland (very lame) to come and clean up our room while we were gone. When we got back, we found that the maid had gone through our bags and suitcases. We had a bag full of medicine and pills, and she had also gone through that, and stole half of the pills out of my parents' prescription bottles, and stole a whole bottle of mine. She also took a couple of checks out of my parents' checkbook, which my parents had left zipped up in the bag. She now has our checking account information, and my parents had to put a hold on it. We even now have an identity theft crisis on our hands.

Yeah, the vacation was very hectic, and I'm glad I'm home now.

Here's some pics of the Hilton hotel that we stayed in:
ImageImageImage

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2005, 6:43 pm

Oh, EvilWalks!

It seems like we're just getting to know you.

Well, I'm glad you just got back from vacation, but very sorry that you have an identity theft case pending. I thought maids were supposed to be nice! But, that could have been worse. She could have tried to find out your social security number.

Nonetheless, you took a reasonable risk by going out. Way to cope with your emotions in a different way! Not that I have anything against the forum here, I like it! I just appreciate that you attempted to broaden your horizons a little bit.

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2005, 7:32 pm

EvilWalks wrote:
Tufted Titmouse

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:19 am Post subject: I jsut got back from vacation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got back from California yesterday. Been gone 5 days.

We stayed at the Hilton. My parents called room service before we left to go to Disneyland (very lame) to come and clean up our room while we were gone. When we got back, we found that the maid had gone through our bags and suitcases. We had a bag full of medicine and pills, and she had also gone through that, and stole half of the pills out of my parents' prescription bottles, and stole a whole bottle of mine. She also took a couple of checks out of my parents' checkbook, which my parents had left zipped up in the bag. She now has our checking account information, and my parents had to put a hold on it. We even now have an identity theft crisis on our hands.

Yeah, the vacation was very hectic, and I'm glad I'm home now.

Here's some pics of the Hilton hotel that we stayed in:

First of all, sorry for hearing of this pilfering.
Second of all, How was the trip otherwise?
Third of all, What form of identity theft?

I hope the rest of your summer is better!

Sincerely,
Ghosthunter

EvilWalks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Aug 2005, 8:46 pm

Ghosthunter wrote:
First of all, sorry for hearing of this pilfering.
Second of all, How was the trip otherwise?
Third of all, What form of identity theft?

I hope the rest of your summer is better!

Sincerely,
Ghosthunter

The trip was sort of good.

And does checking account information count as identity theft? I mean, the maid who stole the checks and pills could use the info to order more checks and cards, and use them.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2005, 10:25 pm

Yes, because she would be attempting to purchase things as "you" with those checks, so it would be identity theft.

Welcome to the world of Identity Theft. Everyone will likely have at least one occasion of identity theft in his/her life, if not more.

My mother had left her bank card in one of the machines and someone had found it and tried to make large purchases. Bank of America saw that these were unusual purchases for my mother and put a hold on it until they talked to her and she confirmed she wasn't in possession of her card. So, that is identity theft. I told her she could now relax because she's already experienced her one occurance of IT, lol. (Strangely enough, she didn't look too relieved.)

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/