Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Floo
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Apr 2023, 7:34 am

First of all, sorry for my bad english (not my first language).

I've recently begun thinking about this. Don't know why it has'nt occured to me earlier in my life. But the common symtoms of depression you can read about, like: feeling hoplessness, feeling pessimistic, low energy/tired, feelings of worthlessness, troubles with thinking/concentration, thinking alot about death and so on is a description of my personality. I've been this way for as long as I can remember (probably 4 years old or something like that).

I've been diagnosed with clinical depression/relapsing depression a number of times in my adult life. (I have not had an evaluation for autism/adhd). Those times I have been really feeling low and sought out help, but the symtoms have never gone away, I've just felt a little bit less bad for a period of time.

I don't know what I want with this post, maybe just share my thoughts cause there is noone to share them with in real life.

flubbedcobra
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Apr 2023, 1:58 pm

Maybe your antidepressants are starting to wear off -- it's happened to my family members.

From mayoclinic:

Quote:
in some people, a particular antidepressant may simply stop working over time. Doctors don't fully understand what causes the so-called "poop-out" effect or antidepressant tolerance — known as tachyphylaxis — or why it occurs in some people and not in others.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2023, 1:48 am

You may have Persistent Depressive Disorder, what we used to call dysthemic disorder. It is a low grade chronic depression. I have been diagnosed with it myself. I have many of the feelings you do as well. I don't have the lack of motivation, except when I get really depressed.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 2:06 am

I have summer seasonal depression (R-SAD, reverse seasonal affective disorder)

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Apr 2023, 6:39 pm

Sometimes depression symtoms are related to a person's life situation like growing up poor or being disabled in an area where most people treat the poor & disabled like the dirt they walk on or someone growing up & still living with an abusive family. I'm not sure if that's the case with you or not but if it is it might help to focus on improving your life in ways you reasonably can.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition