Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2023, 12:43 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztv_tOShYTo

IT JUST HAPPENED! Home Depot Worst In 20 Years, Mass Layoffs Announced
by Michael Cowan

According to this video, Home Depot is planning to do massive random firings. Been working at Home Depot for 2 years 9 months. 30 hours a week, part time. Zero write ups and zero occurrences thus far. However, constantly paranoid of getting made redundant. Before Home Depot, plenty of jobs had the nerve to make my worthless corpse redundant. If Home Depot makes my worthless corpse redundant, it would take a lot of time, cash, and energy, before another company hires me. And maybe no other company will ever hire me. Plenty of barriers to employment: no car (can only work certain hours, due to public transportation schedule), autism, tired all the time, physically weak, socially awkward, fired from a lot of jobs, zero job skills. On the positive side: zero felony convictions, zero drug addictions, zero financial dependents, zero debt. 40 years old.

Home Depot is the longest I have ever had a job. The second longest: Tuesday Morning store, age 18. Home Depot is my only job, and only source of income. Saved up some cash, but it will quickly run out, if and when Home Depot has the nerve to make my worthless corpse redundant. Zero "friends", and nobody will let me live with them, not even for one day. Last year, earned too much $$ to qualify for Section 8 housing or Medi-Cal. However, been on Medi-Cal since 2015, when I had no income. In 2022, the insurance told me that, due to Covid, I could continue on Medi-Cal, even though I exceeded the income limit, until the Covid situation changes, and the insurance will give plenty of prior notice about it.

Paranoid of ending up homeless.

My sister threatened to sell the house that I live in. (viewtopic.php?f=23&p=9320163) (Wrong Planet, June 25, 2023, The Haven, my post)

Even if I kept my job, it's not enough for room and board. If my sister sells the house, I have to pay rent. I am exhausted all the time, and do not have enough energy for two jobs. Even if a second job hired me, which I find hard to imagine.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2023, 5:04 pm

In any case, update your résumé, go on-line, and open up a few options.

Failure to plan for the inevitable is planning to fall to the inevitable.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2023, 5:36 pm

having all these issues in the back of any persons head can create grief of sorts , And other issues all having their own setbacks and or ill feelings . Refundancy is a threat that seems to hang over many of our heads during working periods in our lives. But Fnord makes a very fair point about trying to be prepared for the possible future ..
You have a good work record with Home Despot ...Obviously it would be a loss to let go , someone who actually has an interest in doing, and keeping their job ! , :mrgreen:

where ever you go ,there you are

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2023, 11:22 pm

Fnord wrote:
In any case, update your résumé, go on-line, and open up a few options.

Failure to plan for the inevitable is planning to fall to the inevitable.

________

I just applied to subway, target and burger king

But I don't even know *if* I am going to get made redundant, much less when

Restaurant retail sales jobs, usually start within one week of the job interview. But you can't write that your start date is "the day after home Depot has the nerve to make my worthless corpse redundant"

Besides, customers have been complaining about me since December 2021. Tattle tale tom has been trying to get me fired the same time. It is now July 2023. If I were to have gotten another job in December 2021, they could already have fired me again, within the first nineteen months :ninja: :mrgreen:

DoniiMann
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2023, 5:11 pm

There are a lot of little changes that individuals can make. One I'd advise you to consider is disciplining yourself to stop using such negative terms to describe yourself. Do a serch, find a positive alternative, apply it to yourself regularly.