Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

KeepWaiting
Raven
Raven

25 Jul 2023, 1:26 pm

I didn’t talk much at all to anyone as a child. Maybe a little with family but to anyone else, very very little. Looking back, I don’t really know why. I was always a thinker/feeler and not much of a conversationalist. I remember golfing with an old man everyday. I can’t remember ever speaking to him. Story of my life.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2023, 2:26 pm

That is a common trait of many Aspie males. There is even a picture of us.

It is a picture of The Thinker. The human brain has two halves. One on the left side of our skull and the other on the right side. The left side is dominant. It is our daytime brain. The right side normally evolves into our night time brain. But for some of us, we flip sides. The Thinker is that individual.

AutieRob
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Aug 2023, 11:47 pm

Not sure about my own life but my first granddaughter, who has autism with marked impairment, was nonverbal for about 4 years. Almost no words. Nothing. Her expressions were from various moans, such as when I'd have her on my arm when she was two, she'd stroke downward on my chest with both hands, about 30 strokes per minute pace, while moaning in time. This is when my daughter/her mom and I thought we needed answers...and got 'em. After her 4th birthday, she became a Chatty Cathy! And she still is...she's wonderfully expressive, a bit scattered...but I love her no matter what. She's a consummate artist now at age 13.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 12:10 am

I'm practically mute now as an adult.
It was always worst with friends and family.
I wanted to guard my emotions from them.

At school and work I was still quiet, but I did enough to get by.
It was easier because there was no emotional component.

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2023, 9:36 pm

More times than I could count I was asked "hey, has the cat got your tongue?" due to my soft spoken nature. In hindsight I wish I said "Sure, why don't you go fetch the suspected feline, retrieve the damn tongue and then shut the heck up" lol