Only flirting because she was drunk?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2023, 3:15 pm

There was one occasion at a house party when this girl I know flirted with me. I was talking about it with some guys I know who were also at the party and they said “She only flirted with you because she was drunk”

Would you be quite offended if someone said that a lady only flirted with you because she was tipsy?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2023, 3:45 pm

No. People flirt with other people all the time when they drink.
That's why it's not a smart idea to meet people in pubs, or to involve alcohol.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2023, 3:51 pm

Jamesy wrote:
There was one occasion at a house party when this girl I know flirted with me. I was talking about it with some guys I know who were also at the party and they said “She only flirted with you because she was drunk”

Would you be quite offended if someone said that a lady only flirted with you because she was tipsy?

We can't get all offended because someone got drunk and flirt on us. We are bound to be bumping into uncomfortable situations regularly in the real world.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2023, 8:04 pm

If you both like to drink, than you can get boozed and frisky.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2023, 11:38 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Because drinking tends to lower one's inhibitions, she may have expressed her true feelings about you -- "In Vino Veritas" ("In Wine [is] Truth"), after all.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2023, 8:06 pm

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Because drinking tends to lower one's inhibitions, she may have expressed her true feelings about you -- "In Vino Veritas" ("In Wine [is] Truth"), after all.

It's also a convenient excuse later on if the possible partner is embarrassing or doesn't return the affection.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2023, 3:58 am

Jamesy wrote:

No but I would quietly keep an eye on that friend, their advice, reactions and so on.

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Aug 2023, 7:46 pm

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Possibly.

A long while ago I sat in a train. A group of people sat down near me, and a woman (which appeared to have a boyfriend or be married) sat down to me. She sat against me, almost kissing me. I allowed that, because she also was physically attractive.and I didn't want to offend her.

Later on, she got more sober and she stopped that behaviour. The train stopped at a railway station and a man appeared to be waiting for her. I thought, he was her boyfriend or husband.

I think drunk people do things that they would not do, when they would not be drunk.