Hi I am new here, PDD not otherwise specified,long story

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 1:15 pm

You wrote: "I don`t have anemia or other low blood cell counts, but I have easily bruising (with normal coagulation), histamine intolerance, connective tissue problems (not all teeth have developed and inexplicable inguinal hernias as a child).

This is interesting. I experienced this condition for the past 3 years. It was due to medicine I was taking. Some medicines produce blood thinners. Any small bump could cause bruising that would last for several days. In the end, I reduced the blood thinners I was taking and the problem went away.

Here is an interesting article from Mayo Clinic that provides some information:
Easy bruising: Why does it happen?

Can medications and supplements contribute to easy bruising?

Certain medications may contribute to easy bruising by decreasing the blood's ability to clot. These include aspirin; ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others); naproxen sodium (Aleve); anticoagulant medications, such as warfarin (Jantoven), dabigatran (Pradaxa), rivaroxaban (Xarelto), apixaban (Eliquis) and heparin; and anti-platelet agents, such as clopidogrel (Plavix), prasugrel (Effient) and ticagrelor (Brilinta). Some antibiotics and antidepressants also might be associated with clotting problems. As a result, bleeding from damage to small blood vessels near the skin's surface might take longer than usual to stop. This allows enough blood to leak out under the skin to cause a bruise.

Topical and systemic corticosteroids can be used to treat various conditions, including allergies, asthma and eczema. Corticosteroids thin the skin, making it easier to bruise. Certain dietary supplements, such as ginkgo biloba, also can increase bruising risk due to a blood-thinning effect.

------------------------

In my case, the fact that I bruised easily was due to taking Aspirin and a blood thinner called Clopidogrel.
Clopidogrel is an antiplatelet medicine. It prevents platelets (a type of blood cell) from sticking together and forming a dangerous blood clot. Taking clopidogrel helps prevent blood clots if you have an increased risk of having them.

------------------------

But the conditions you experienced in you twenties are different then what you are experiencing now.

Like loss of automatical arm swings, internal vibrations, cognitive issues, problems with visual perception, balance problems, slowness with alternating movements and so on, some of them seem to be progressive.

I am not a medical doctor. What does your medical doctor attribute the cause of your problems to be?

I suffered a massive stroke three years ago. It did a lot of damage. Many people who suffer strokes lose the ability to move their arms and legs, normally either their left side or their right side. Some lose visual perception. In my case, I lost my vision in each eye. I am blind on my right side. My eye still sees but it doesn't travel to my brain. It is a strange type of vision loss. Many stroke victims also lose their sense of balance. They fall easily and damage their bodies every time they fall. After several falls, the damage becomes too great to be repaired.

Cerula
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 May 2024, 2:36 pm

I don`t take any of these medications, so the cause for the bruising problem is not clear. My liver is healthy too and my coagulation numbers are pretty normal. I only take a small amount of mirtazapine for better sleep

I am sorry that you experienced a stroke, I luckily haven`t as it seems. My physical issues came on slowly but they can be small vessel related I was told. But my MRI is fine.

My serum copper is around 50 to 80 (normal range 70-140 yg/dl) and ceruolplasmin fluctuates around 13-18 mg/dl (normal range is 20-60 mg/dl).
I was checked for Wilsons disease because of the numbers and symptoms, but my urinary copper even came back too low (below 10).
Then another urine test was in low normal range for urinary copper.
I have no Kayser Fleisher rings in my eyes and no copper deposits in my brain, also my liver is healthy and my free copper is below the Cut off for Wilsons.

But it is weird that I experience these symptoms, a bit similar to the cases I have linked in my former posting.

I know that I am no doctor but I am good in researching and connecting the dots.
Because they are clueless too about my case or just dismiss ist.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2024, 7:51 am

Obviously you are much closer to analyzing your condition then I am.

But the strange thing is that your IQ test produce very low numbers. This does not make any sense to me.

Stay on this. The only way I learn is to test everything. I take nothing for granted. Testing is the key.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2024, 10:58 am

I had one other thought.

At the beginning of this thread you wrote:

At age 19 I started having panic attacks with dizziness and palpitations.
I was diagnosed with ADHD, anxiety and panic disorder.

ADHD medication also worked for just a few years and I was always moving from job to job, unemployment etc.

Earlier today, I discussed ADHD on Wrong Planet. I had come across an interesting article about this condition.

Here is a link to part of the article: How Drugs are used in Autism

So the question that passed my mind was:
Do you consume any of the common everyday natural supplements to help ADHD symptoms?
These include: coffee, tea, soda, energy drinks, and chocolate.

Cerula
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 May 2024, 2:03 pm

I consume coffee, tea and energy drinks in a quite small amount.

Thank you for the link :D