Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

asalem
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2024, 3:33 pm

I used to have friends but I have no idea what has happened to me in the last 4 years that I have been unable to make or keep friends. I am a 33 year old male. My interests is religion and geopolitics. I am a Muslim. I have ADHD and HFA. I find myself stimming more often that I used, even in public. I think I am getting more autistic and less ADHD with the passage of time. I still have both. I feel like I go through cycles with my one of diagnosis overcoming the other. I can be a mess when my ADHD takes over such as committing financial mistakes and so on. I feel like a robot lately because..... my days are always the same. I feel like I am becoming useless to myself. I live in America. I move everywhere because I get bored of places and often sleep in my car. I have enough money to rent a room or an apartment but I choose not although I hate I am like this. I am not broke and I am not well off. I keep trying to sign up for online university and failing. I have registered once more and will give it another shot. I know moving won't help me feel less bored but I can't help the rushing sensation. Sometimes I feel like I am alone. I have decided to reach out to my fellow kind and make friendships. Reach to me if you if you have desires to make friends. I am straight. I am just looking for a friend right now. Shoot me a message or send me a email at {redacted} (if that's allowed).

Last edited by Cornflake on 22 May 2024, 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed a personal email address - it's unsafe to make that publically available. Request PMs instead.

angelsonthemoon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2024, 8:56 pm

I'm curious what you mean by your interest is religion. I align more with Christianity but I'm not really mainstream anything. For me it's more about the fun of researching and better understanding myself and the world.

mgurak
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 May 2024, 5:45 am

Two things come to mind as I read your post. The first is a quote from Buckaroo Bonzai, "Wherever you go, there you are" or something like that. I was like that for a long time. It seemed like there was something better just over there. But when I got there all I found was the same old me, just in a different environment. It wasn't until I started learning to take pleasure in myself and the things I can do that I started being happy where I am.

The second ties in with the first. I'm not into geopolitics but I am into my religion (Christianity). I found a good church and started taking part in things there. Not just service but singing in the choir and cantoring one Sunday a month. Get involved with your Mosque and contribute what you can. Making friends and keeping them can be very difficult for me but I find that if I have common ground, things kind of organically grow from there. Is there a service project you can join, greeting new members, anything like that?