Aspie authors writing social interaction

Page 46 of 46 [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2024, 6:44 pm

My Short Story "Pieces of Truth" (Part 3)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annoyed, are you? Well, just because Alice and I haven’t seen each other since that awful day.

In fact, we were almost victims too just because we tried way too hard to keep them safe.

Bravery?! Alice and I weren’t being brave, we were doing the right thing but of course it was in vain. Ironically, Alice and I both believed we caused it, but even more strangely no one spoke to us in the aftermath.

Of course, I’m being truthful, but just because I’m the only one telling this story doesn’t mean you must enjoy imagining your world where you must enjoy finding the truth about things that may mean nothing after you finish reading this tale of love lost and found, the past haunting people for things that should stay in the past, or anything of the sort.

Alice and I didn’t cause their demises, someone else did.

Their names were Daisy and Sam. They were two classmates we knew when Alice and I were kids.

Now returning to present-day, after talking with my boss Tom, he allowed me to have some vacation time with Alice. As much as he wanted to hire Alice, Alice said no because she already has a job working as a garden department employee at a popular hardware store near her house.

Alice and I checked ourselves at a hotel that had a great, elegant view of a large body of water that attracts many visitors primarily during the spring season and still does to this day.

Was where we spent some time together similar to the place where it happened?
Nope, not even close.

After putting our belongings near the window of our room, we looked at each other without saying anything.
She kissed me on my lips and I reciprocated.
We then noticed two envelopes on the lampstand next to our bed. One had my name on it and the other had Alice’s name on it.
We took the envelopes and opened them to see what was in them.
Our feelings changed from the bliss of being together without anyone bothering us to feeling creeped out as to what was in the envelopes.

Letters, one to me and one to Alice.

The letter to me was: “Hello David. This is Daisy speaking. I hope this letter finds you well. Ever since that day where you and Alice would have been victims too, I have been following you whenever I had time and now that we’re older, I will trick you into meeting me at a place where I will humiliate you emotionally. Need I say more? Probably. Sam and I have been ordering gifts and cards to send to you. You and Alice will always be viewed as betrayers of us. I would appreciate it if you and Alice have a conversation to stop yourselves. Looking forward to hearing from you, Daisy.”

“Daisy” left a pair of phone numbers.

The letter written to Alice was: “Hello Alice. This is Sam speaking. I hope this letter finds you well just as much as the letter Daisy wrote to David. This is not a joke even though in quite a few plans in the past we tried finding you and David, we had to work our plans as detailed as possible. Daisy and I have been following you and David using all the stops with some help of course, but we will not disclose who has been helping us. Now that we’re adults, Sam and I will keep contacting you and David until the two of you agree to meet us at a place where we should try and catch up on old times. Need I repeat myself? Likely even though Daisy and I will continue to send the two of you gifts and cards. You and David betrayed us on that day. We saw you and David arrive and I have to admit that the two of you are great together as a couple. I would appreciate it if you and David have a conversation to try and break up in part because of me and Daisy. Looking forward to hearing from you, Sam.”

Alice and I did not know why her letter was much longer than mine, but the person claiming to be “Sam” left contact information just like the person claiming to be “Daisy.”

Alice and I put the letters back in the envelopes and tried as best as we could to try and wipe it off as nothing more than an elaborate prank pulled off by some of the employees even though it wasn’t.

The next day, Alice and I hiked along a popular path and tried not to think about the letters as we engaged in conversation.
“When do you think you’ll complete your degree requirements, David and what’s your major?”

“I’m an English major and have been looking for work in journalism.”

“Maybe you could end up on TV at some point in the future.”

“I don’t know about that even though it wouldn’t surprise me if I am on TV and people who I’ve met over the years trying to come back into my world.”

“I’m a linguistics major and would be okay with people from my past coming back to haunt me. If I find myself employment of a linguistics firm, then... I’ll possibly become a professor of linguistics such as ASL or Spanish.”

Suddenly, my cell phone buzzed. Alice’s cell phone buzzed almost immediately. Alice saw it was a text message. I also saw it was a text message on my phone. We both expressed shock.

Alice shouted, “What the hell is happening?!”

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jun 2024, 4:52 pm

I tend to write spontaneous friendships a lot. I'm a very open minded person. I struggle with boundaries in real life. I'm always open to talking to people if I feel comfortable. It's gotten me into trouble before. I have a lot of empathy and I always struggle when I cannot help people. My writing always got bad grades cause of grammar. I struggle with grammar a lot.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2024, 5:35 pm

Crystal1414 wrote:
I tend to write spontaneous friendships a lot. I'm a very open minded person. I struggle with boundaries in real life. I'm always open to talking to people if I feel comfortable. It's gotten me into trouble before. I have a lot of empathy and I always struggle when I cannot help people. My writing always got bad grades cause of grammar. I struggle with grammar a lot.

I've noticed the late, great Cormac McCarthy hadn't been an ace at grammar, either.