I'll never understand families

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2010, 6:53 am

I'll never understand how someone so loving can be so cruel and unsupportive. I'll never understand how adults can laugh and make light of their own memories of siblings crushing them when I can't. I always thought I wasn't twisted enough. But I never will understand those things. I might just prevent myself from having a family myself, in order to keep from further confusion.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2010, 11:22 am

I don't understand most family dynamics either :(

Shareese
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jan 2010, 11:33 am

People laugh at abuse because it's better than crying. I don't understand STUPID or CRAZY families like a LOT of you here have, but I love the sane (in my opinion) ones that actually put each other before everything and everyone else and pay attention to each other and do great things together.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 2:17 pm

Shareese wrote:
People laugh at abuse because it's better than crying.

I wish I was that insane. But I can't laugh these days.

BlueMage
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jan 2010, 10:28 am

Give yourself more credit. "Normal" people are just better at repressing their sadness and anger. In the long run that just hurts them more because repressed feelings always come back to haunt them in destructive and confusing ways. They'll go on to abuse others thinking its normal or even funny, but your differences just make you a more considerate and thoughtful person.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2010, 11:38 am

BlueMage wrote:
Give yourself more credit. "Normal" people are just better at repressing their sadness and anger. In the long run that just hurts them more because repressed feelings always come back to haunt them in destructive and confusing ways. They'll go on to abuse others thinking its normal or even funny, but your differences just make you a more considerate and thoughtful person.

They tell me different. They say I'm inconsiderate and a whiner to try and dump my feelings on others. I agree. It's like throwing up on others when I express my feelings straight to them.

If only I could be like everyone else and find humor or normality in such things.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2010, 8:29 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Even just the memories can make me tear up or send me into an eating frenzy.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 6:16 am

Back when I had my first and at this point, most likely my only girlfriend, she said to me a couple of times that I had no sense of family. Because Her family had big family gatherings at least once a week, most times a couple of times a week. I would get bored and not want to do that family stuff all the time so I would be frustrated. I did not know I had AS at the time so I really did not know what she meant. Now that I know I have AS I do. I don't understand the need for familes to be together all the time.

AdultingMcManFace
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 May 2024, 7:35 pm

KenM wrote:
I don't understand the need for familes to be together all the time.

Clearly not the point of this topic.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2024, 7:42 pm

AdultingMcManFace wrote:
KenM wrote:
I don't understand the need for familes to be together all the time.

Clearly not the point of this topic.

I'm not sure they're likely to read your reply. The thread has been dead for over 14 years and the poster hasn't logged in since 2019.

Welcome to Wrong Planet though.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 12:16 am

I will never understand why a family will turn their collective backs on one of its members for whom everything has gone to s*** through no fault of his own.

I will never understand why a family will later claim to have always "been there" for that member, when every time that member asked for their help the answer was always, "No".

I will never understand why a family will openly wonder why that member moved far away and rarely contacts them any more after that member eventually got back on his feet through his own efforts and without their support.

I will never understand families.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.