Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 7:39 pm

UPDATE- there is another memorial day this monday, just a word to the wise. :idea: please type in your experiences with memorial day :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 7:45 pm

there was a big motorcycle rally [Rolling Thunder Run 2024 [POWs and MIAs], travelling across the USA and finally reaching kansas city, aiming eventually for the Vietnam War Veterans Memorial wall in DC.
Rolling Thunder got its start in 1988. it is to honor the fallen and raise attention for the plight of MIA and POWs. members come from all over the US to participate.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 7:48 pm

Went to a good car show , at the local 4 square church. Nice combination of different types of hotrods and modern sports cars throughout several years , :jester: :D

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 8:16 pm

at car shows in general, there are usually some other [non-display] cars in the parking lot that, if they were polished up to the nines, that also were worthy of being shown off. the odd cadillac and buick, etc.

Last edited by auntblabby on 25 May 2024, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 8:23 pm

it useta be that on memorial day, i'd look forward to all the sales, i've gotten at least one car on memorial day, on special. i think i bought a computer on memorial day. i useta live practically next door to what was then called ft. lewis, and now and then i'd hear howitzers being fired not for training but to celebrate memorial day. the local [McChord] AFB would have fly-bys in various aircraft.