My social intelligence improved, but with errors and trails

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2024, 10:22 am

Well, you met this person, me with a milder form of PDD-NOS (a milder form of Atypical Autism), known as ASD Level 1.

I used to have severe communication delay and Fregoli delusion until I turned 17 years old my social skills improved drastically and my Fregoli delusion remitted by reading books about body language and doing self-therapy, even though I had an IEP goal to improve my social skills, but the school did not help me in any way to learn social skills, so I took it to my own hands and learn it myself instead.

I also studied ‘Forensic” Psychology as my restricted interest.

mgurak
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2024, 11:43 am

Good for you, I'm glad to hear it. :) And of course, trials and errors are part of how we learn anything. Keep up the good work.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2024, 1:21 pm

katebrownell86
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 May 2024, 6:49 pm

It's inspiring to hear how you've actively improved your social skills and overcome challenges! While PDD-NOS is no longer a formal diagnosis, it sounds like you fall under the ASD Level 1 category, which describes needing support with social interaction. Many autistic people find success in learning social cues and navigating social situations through self-directed efforts, just like you did.
Your interest in forensic psychology is fascinating! This field delves into the minds of criminals and legal processes, and it can be a natural fit for someone with a strong focus and keen eye for detail. Combining your personal experiences with your chosen field could lead to unique and valuable insights.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2024, 9:21 pm

Thank you so much, it develops my self-esteem a little bit more :D :)