Page 419 of 422 [ 6750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421, 422  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2024, 3:15 am

The one with this bit.

LittleBeach
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2024, 6:05 am

I started watching The Fall of the House of Usher on Netflix.

Also up to episode 5 of The Gathering

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2024, 7:26 am

Doctor Who on Disney Plus.

Season 14, episode 2 - The Devil's Chord
Written by Russell T Davies
Enjoyable episode where playing the Devil's Chord, which releases the Maestro (the child of the Toymaker) who rids the world of good and new music by consuming the music from people's heart. You will not hear The Beatles sing any of their standards.

Season 14, episode 3 - Boom
Written by Steven Moffat
Very enjoyable episode. It was tense. There is war. There is death (cruel death), and the Doctor may blow up half the planet (and himself).

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2024, 12:44 pm

Breathe - Better Call Saul (Season 4)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2024, 12:31 am

The Sympathizer.
Interview With The Vampire.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2024, 12:47 am

angelsonthemoon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 May 2024, 9:43 am

Stingray Episodes 1-2

The marionettes give this a charming, cute quality. It's kind of like Star Trek, if instead of space, they were meeting aliens underwater. Sylvia made Marina mute to save herself time on voice acting. It's funny when time saving creates a more unique character.

Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 May 2024, 5:47 am

Yesterday I finished HFJONE. I really wish I could spoiler text here, but to keep it vague I’ll need a day or so to recover.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2024, 6:51 pm

Nevertheless, (2021) on Netflix

Season 1, episodes 1 - There's No Such Thing as Fate. Nevertheless,
Episode 2, It's Not Only Me. Nevertheless,

It has been in my queue for a while. It is a Korean series (10 parts).

IMDB: Storyline description by AsianWiki, wrote:
Park Jae-Eon (Song Kang) is a university student, majoring in art. He seems nice to everyone and he is usually cheerful. Yet, he is really indifferent to others and he doesn't want to have a romantic relationship. Unexpectedly, he falls for Yoo Na-Bi (Han So-Hee) and begins to change. Yoo Na-Bi is an art student at the same university as Park Jae-Eon. In her past, she broke up with her first love due to his unfaithful ways. After that, decided to become unswayed by love. She then meets Park Jae-Eon and develops feelings for him.

I am watching the series with English dubbing. The English dubbing has the tone of a table read. The lines sound like they are being read from cue cards, or straight from the script the script. I started watching with the original Korean voices, but I was also doing something else, and I couldn't concentrate on the the subtitles.

As it, with English subtitles, it is okay. I could easily stop watching at this point. Such is the power of average dubbing.

Also - Yesterday and today - Outlander (2014)
Watched the first season. It was an impulse watch.

Yesterday, I went to Netflix, to check what, if anything, I should watch in my queue. The big picture on the Netflix home page was Outlander, because season 7 was added. So of course I decide to watch the whole thing from the beginning. I may not watch seasons 2 onward. It was mostly hearing the opening theme (in my head) that prompted me to watch the series again.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2024, 4:15 pm

Finished Nevertheless,.

These are college students, and a few of the voice actors sound like they are eleven or twelve in voice and inflection. Disconcerting.
Not all the voice dubbing was bad.

Then I watched the first two episodes in Korean. Much better. The one actor that had the most juvenile dubbed voice sounds her age. Much better.

Also, the subtitles are, I think, more accurate. In a speech to a class, the speaker refers to Georges Méliès film "The Trip to the Moon" in dubbed English. In Korean, the subtitle was A Trip to the Moon, which is correct.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2024, 1:19 pm

The one with this bit:

I like how the couple in the background start to blush and get shy. :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2024, 4:04 pm

United Gangs Of America.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2024, 4:46 pm

angelsonthemoon wrote:
Stingray Episodes 1-2

The marionettes give this a charming, cute quality. It's kind of like Star Trek, if instead of space, they were meeting aliens underwater. Sylvia made Marina mute to save herself time on voice acting. It's funny when time saving creates a more unique character.

I bought a boxset of every Stingray episode a couple of years ago from Ebay, only to find that they were all on YouTube, though I think maybe that's no longer the case. Might get round to watching some of them one day....

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2024, 4:51 pm

Coronation Street, episodes from October 1994.

The Street was definitely past its best by this time, far too much emphasis on the dreadful Derek and Mavis Wilton couple and also on the boring Gail and Martin Platt. Dodgy Mike Baldwin is still worth checking out though, as is his sidekick Steve McDonald.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2024, 6:23 pm

Last night we finished watching our way through The Expanse, Season 1.
Last night we finished watching our way through T"We've gone too far"

\o/\o/\o/\o/*REALLY O U T S T A N D I N G ! REALLY

The solar system is, in reality, incredibly large. Mankind is, predictably, not united.

Bad things happen.

And this show is wonderful hard science fiction. RECOMMENDED!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2024, 6:26 pm

The one where Homer had the crayon in his brain removed, raising his IQ to 105 and making him among the smartest people in Springfield.