Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

aviandivine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Sep 2024, 1:59 pm

I'm 22, finished school and currently working my first office job. I've only done food and retail in the past and those were hell for me. My office is nice, everyone is kind and there's a great culture. I'm doing what I want to be doing (video editing) and I have a standing desk and my own corner with a window in the quiet part of the office. My managers are fine with me wearing headphones and seem to appreciate my work and myself.

But I'm nervous.

My anxiety about finding a job, especially a job that would be right for me, is gone. But it's been replaced with anxiety about keeping the job. I haven't worked a job for more than a few months at a time. Now I'm going to be here for the foreseeable future. That should be calming, right? I should be feeling a sense of relief. But now I'm just worried they'll fire me and I'll be back to square one. It was an internship that turned into a real job, and I worked really really hard and pushed myself so that they would hire me. Now I feel like I have to keep up that ultra-hard working otherwise it'll look like I'm slacking. I like what I do and who I work with so what do I have to worry about? I'm annoyed by my brain sometimes.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2024, 3:51 pm

This too shall pass.