Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2005, 12:25 am

I really hate ultra radical types regardless of what they are standing for - all they do is alienate other people . . . plus, I can't afford to be that much of a purist :lol:

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2005, 12:26 am

But, having said that I think consistency is important, too - like vegetarians that wear leather but not fur are amusing to me . . .

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2005, 1:46 pm

I don't think anyone is concrete enough to block out every process that kills animals from their lives. Oh well. I can cook some awesome vegetarian meals! All you really do is substitute meat for mushrooms and nuts.

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2005, 4:56 pm

The topic was about the feasibility of a vegan race called Vegans in a game called GURPS. GURPS is an acronym for Generic Universal Roleplaying System.

GURPS differs from Dungeons and Dragons in that it doesn't have levels or pre-defined character classes. Rather, characters are created by spending a number of points alloted by the gamemaster at character Creation (as well as being awarded as experience). The system uses 3d6 instead of the D20, creating a skill bell-curve. And in general, combat is a surefire way to die (although it still remains more forgiving than games like Riddle of Steel).

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2005, 4:02 pm

MagicMike wrote:
The topic was about the feasibility of a vegan race called Vegans in a game called GURPS. GURPS is an acronym for Generic Universal Roleplaying System.

GURPS differs from Dungeons and Dragons in that it doesn't have levels or pre-defined character classes. Rather, characters are created by spending a number of points alloted by the gamemaster at character Creation (as well as being awarded as experience). The system uses 3d6 instead of the D20, creating a skill bell-curve. And in general, combat is a surefire way to die (although it still remains more forgiving than games like Riddle of Steel).

Hmm, so would the vegan have to roll a saving throw on 'morality' if he accidentally ate a piece of meat? :P

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2005, 8:43 pm

Err...no; however, the GM has every right to deny you extra experience points for the sake of "bad roleplaying." This means, if you will be messed up if you lie and have the "Truthful" disadvantage. Oh, BTW, as the game is point based, taking disadvantages gives you extra points to spend on other things (advantages, attributes&skills).

TaliDaRadical
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2005, 11:08 am

LOL! I'm vegan (been vegan for like 12 years) and I found this article to be really funny.

M
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2005, 12:33 pm

I agree with TaliDaRadical, and I am a vegan too, though only for about 10 years.

There is a mistake though, the Vegan Scoiety was founded in 1944 and so they would have to have landed on Earth much earlier than 1970.

Michael.

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 1:32 pm

Cindy wrote:
Feste-Fenris wrote:
It's GURPS...
Made by the same company as Illuminati...

What is GURPS and Illuminati?

I do not know what GURPS is, but you can find information about them here.