Page 88 of 108 [ 1723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 108  Next

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 3:06 pm

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
Drake - here's the flaw with that premise: most people today are independent, they belong to neither party and many people have different ideological views. It can't be summed up in as simple a manner. The British government system is much closer and in my view works better than that of the state's since it's a closer approximation to the way people actually think. In my view we should do away with the Democrat and Republican parties altogether so that it can be a more than three party system so everyone's voice can be heard in as accurately a manner as possible. Part of the problem is people aren't one way or the other, especially as the population increases.

Other countries have a perfectly fine working multiple party system, why must we be restrained to "this or that"?

Yes, I think both parties are awful because they have no competition. The system in America is set up to keep these two on top. I don't think we need to necessarily get rid of either, what's needed is competition. Change the voting system so you can vote by rank so you could vote for a third party and not lose your say about blue or red. And get the ridiculous amount of money out of American politics so that other parties can step up and compete.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 3:17 pm

Oh and of course ranked voting would solve the other problem of vote splitting. Take Trump for instance. As a billionaire, he was able to get past the money problem. But I'm sure he'd have loved to run as an independent. But that would have just cut into the Republican vote, and handed the presidency to Clinton on a silver platter. So he had to hitch his wagon to the Republicans, again the system ensuring it's either team blue or team red. When it could have been red vs blue vs Trump.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 3:28 pm

Ron Darling apologizes for accidental Masahiro Tanaka slur

Quote:
Ron Darling would probably like to have those 10 seconds back.

While broadcasting Game 2 of the Yankees-Red Sox ALDS on Saturday, the Mets analyst, working with TBS, made a comment that turned a few heads about Masahiro Tanaka.

“A little Chinese in the armor for Tanaka here. It’s the first inning where he’s lost a little of his control,” Darling said of the Bombers’ right-hander, who is from Japan.

Darling, born to a Hawaiian-Chinese mother, issued an apology for the chosen verbiage, as some on social media chastised him.

“Earlier tonight I used an expression while referencing Masahiro Tanaka’s pitching performance. While unintentional, I apologize for my choice of words,” Darling said in a statement to Yahoo Sports.

This is an example of effect SJW thinking is having on the larger population. This is ridiculous, Darling has nothing to apologize for. There is not a thing that was offensive in how the word was used.
Merriam-Webster definition
Quote:
a weak spot that may leave one vulnerable

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 6:12 pm

You see this s**t all too often. Way too often. This should be basic, basic s**t that schoolchildren understand never mind adults.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 6:27 pm

Now if only it went something like this...

Quote:
“Earlier tonight I used a common expression while referencing Masahiro Tanaka’s pitching performance. And there are actually idiots out there, grown adults, who took this to be some sort of racist remark. I had a good laugh about it, and when I showed others, they laughed too. This is something children would easily understand. It's just unbelievable to me." Darling said in a statement to Yahoo Sports. The clueless comments on Darling's commentary have quickly gone viral, and are unsurprisingly being relentlessly mocked from all sides.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 6:30 pm

What bums me out is that suggesting that someone might do better for him/her self if he/she stopped throwing tantrums and started accepting responsibility for his/her own nasty behavior will usually result in some SJW bagging on me for being cruel and insensitive. Meanwhile, the person is still screaming and cursing and blaming others for his/her actions (i.e., "See what you made me do?", "It's all your fault that I'm this way!", et cetera), and I either have to put up with it or put my tools away and go home.

That'll be my last turn at Habitats for Humanity for a very long time.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 8:19 am

You know this Chinese in the armour thing? It's not even the first time this exact thing has happened.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gregorymcn ... bdcc3c152b

Of course ESPN were quick to laugh off such idiotic manufactured controversy and dress down those who were vindictive enough to call for the firing of the men in question.

No wait, actually they fired one guy and suspended the other.

FFS! Please, try not to give yourself a concussion when you start pounding your head into the nearest wall. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 11:15 am

Here is a SJW gem:

Narcissist, "me me me, your weight loss is all about me" and I say this narcissist did her now former friend a big favor. I question if her other former friends were actually biphobic or transphobic or sexist or ableist because of what she calls fatphobic.

The ironic thing is, she accuses her friend was being self centered but she is the one being self centered. She doesn't consider if her friend was in pain or if she had high blood pressure or type 2 diabetes or if she just wanted to do things many of us take tings for granted and also her friend maybe had an eating disorder too, it's called binge eating. And she was a horrible friend to her friend, the truth hurts. I don't agree with the threats and slurs she got. No one should get threatened or get called slurs. But I wonder what she means by those too.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 11:59 am

Meh; Ideas of What Social Justice is Varies.

Human Beings Vary.

Some Human Beings Master their Emotions and Senses through
Regulation of Emotion and Integration of Senses through Practices of Still and Moving
Meditation or Perhaps Just Long Walks in 'Forest Bathing' and become Impervious to so-called
Perceived Slights by others; truly Free to Be, Generating Feel and Sense Good Human Emotions
from Head to toe at Relative Free Will, in what it really Means to Have Faith In Trust of a Foundation
of Human Love in a Balancing Grace of Human Emotions and Senses within, inside, outside, above, so
below and all around in the Environment too as Given and Taken and Shared now too; A Story of my Life at Least.

But not all Humans are like this as some Humans have not looked within and a Found a Practice of Life that works to
Achieve this Kind of Human Nirvana and Bliss as Heaven Generated all in 'Autotelic Ways' of Being Moving into areas
of 'Transient Hypo-Frontality' in Escape from Beta Wave Mind Neo-Cortex Past and Future Worries of Time Illusion as Problem Solving Becomes more important than the Joy of a Smile in a Dance and Song of Life that Lasts forevernow as Real.

True; some Humans have not Developed a Focus of Control in Relative Free Will as any Real Yogi who comes from
Monk School up in the Mountains or Just another Middle Aged White Dude like me in the United States who does
Heaven all Free Verse through Innate, Instinct, and Intuition Just Free to be in Free Verse Life with no others
Controlling me but the Ocean Whole God Living within as Image of the UniVerse Whole Reflecting
As A
Mirror
of i
to Be.

Empathy, Sympathy, Compassion; and most importantly Cognitive Empathy in Social Empathic
Human Intelligences understands what it's like to Live Less in SHades of Purgatory
Grey thru BLack Abyss of the DArk Nights thru Months thru Years of Pain
and Numb of Soul less as more. Jesus F in Christ it's Harder to
understand the Pain of others unless one has traveled in
Similar Shoes in SHades of Grey thru BLack
Abyss of the
Soul Dead as Life.

Some folks are more open minded and liberal; some folks are more Empathic and Caring and actually
Sensitive to the Feelings of others that and who really count as Living Being Human. Say a word out of line
to try to help someone and you risk losing a potential or Real Friendship that seemed real before at least.

Thing is; when you are FeeLed and Filled up for Free overflowing with a Love For Life it doesn't Hurt Nearly
as much to try to Help someone out of the Darkness one may have seen before. But True Tough Love Hurts too;
so, where is the dividing line; where is the border; where are the Guidelines that Make and Break the Will to Live;
That's an Art that continues from Beginning until end of Life; That's an Art with Success and Losses as that
Art Makes and Breaks Potential and Living Friendships still. Those of us who are Strong enough in Love and
Joy are willing to help more for truly we have nothing to gain but the real potential to lift a soul up away from down.

The Truth is People see the World Differently and what is Politically Correct to say and do will always be
Moderated by Group Think and Do as is. Everyone is a Social Justice Warrior with Different eyes of View;
that's what Social Animals Do as Even Dogs and Wolves do this too. Some of us are more Alpha in
Soul; Some of us are more Beta in Soul; and sadly some of us are close to the Bottom of the
Heap in SHades of Grey through BLack Abyss of Soul More as Omega Less. SJW is just another
Acronym to Hate up on others; just another Political correct Ideology that
Suggests what is or is not viewed as Politically Correct in the Moderation
of Human Emotions that Help or Hurt more in all the Constantly
Changing Cultural Ways of Being as a Group Larger comes to be in continuously
Different and Complex ways. The 'Problem of SJWs' is not one that is going away but this
Problem is an Art more than Reason to Solve in Terms of Human Love that counts at Depth of Human Soul.

I've Had 35 Years Old Dance Friends De-Friend me on Facebook just for suggesting they tolerate as slight
for someone failing to Like a BirthDay Wish. The Truth is though that is just a Reflection of how Fragile and Empty
that Person's Soul was is to be. Thing is too; it mattered not whether or not she decided to Be my continuing so-called
FB Friend or not for i Have Mastery over how Great i Feel; this gives me the opportunity to Be Brave enough to help
another Soul up without Fear of Loss to me. For it's true; for her at least; it was what she learns from Friends to Fill
Her Self up Better and others too much more than any Objective Numbers of Friends on Facebook now.
There is not much of a Plunge to attempt to Help others Help others more in Life when one
is already Living in the Capstone of Maslow's Pyramid of Human Self-Actualization
and Transcendence for Unconditional Love for all but true
Tough Love Hurts as Growing
Pains never
end
from Death
to Birth more now as Life.
I Dam sure ain't gonna get butt hurt
over someone's so-called Politically Correct
or Incorrect Views of Life; but i will offer advice
Freely as no one has control over my Happiness in Life.
It really pisses some folks off when they can't make you unhappy.
Key is; they could be that way too, if they Believe/Do Work for Happiness rather than Welfare Happiness after Death.
Imagine the Freedom to Be as Happy as you Relative Free Will to Be; True, Imagine is a First Step oF A Dance to Be Real.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 12:01 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Here is a SJW gem:

Narcissist, "me me me, your weight loss is all about me" and I say this narcissist did her now former friend a big favor. I question if her other former friends were actually biphobic or transphobic or sexist or ableist because of what she calls fatphobic.

The ironic thing is, she accuses her friend was being self centered but she is the one being self centered. She doesn't consider if her friend was in pain or if she had high blood pressure or type 2 diabetes or if she just wanted to do things many of us take tings for granted and also her friend maybe had an eating disorder too, it's called binge eating. And she was a horrible friend to her friend, the truth hurts. I don't agree with the threats and slurs she got. No one should get threatened or get called slurs. But I wonder what she means by those too.

"Our Bodies, Ourselves" so quaint :(

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 1:23 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I say this narcissist did her now former friend a big favor.

That is exactly what was in my head before I even read those words from you.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 6:58 pm

A whole new level of ridiculousness from Twitter:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... -thargoids

Getting banned for talking about killing aliens in a video game or killing your friend in a video game.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 8:34 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

While broadcasting Game 2 of the Yankees-Red Sox ALDS on Saturday, the Mets analyst, working with TBS, made a comment that turned a few heads about Masahiro Tanaka.

“A little Chinese in the armor for Tanaka here. It’s the first inning where he’s lost a little of his control,” Darling said of the Bombers’ right-hander, who is from Japan.

Darling, born to a Hawaiian-Chinese mother, issued an apology for the chosen verbiage, as some on social media chastised him.

“Earlier tonight I used an expression while referencing Masahiro Tanaka’s pitching performance. While unintentional, I apologize for my choice of words,” Darling said in a statement to Yahoo Sports.

This is an example of effect SJW thinking is having on the larger population. This is ridiculous, Darling has nothing to apologize for. There is not a thing that was offensive in how the word was used.
Quote:

Jesus, God forbid someone acknowledge another's feelings. He lost nothing by apologizing. WTF is wrong with you people?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 8:55 am

https://twitter.com/sofiehagen/status/9 ... 76?lang=en

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 4:32 pm

AspE wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Jesus, God forbid someone acknowledge another's feelings. He lost nothing by apologizing. WTF is wrong with you people?

What is wrong me?. I want to me and others to be able to say things without constantly worrying that every word and thought is going to offend somebody. I don't want language police dictating what can be said in public. If that makes me a hater or a racist to some people that is their problem, not mine.

What Darling did on his own or was forced to do goes beyond acknowledging feelings to caving in due to fear. Due to the fear of saying the wrong thing stuff does not get said good and bad. If the good is not said the world misses out. If the bad is not said we miss out on who to avoid or block. Fact of life no matter what you or I say if enough people hear about it some people will be offended by it. The only way to truly avoid hurting anybody's feelings is to write and say nothing and become a hermit. That is the way too many Aspies live and that is no way to live.

I am not saying at all be like Trump and intentionally insult people just for the fun of it or do not try and be a nice person!!

Overcorrection is often as bad or worse than the original mistake. The SJW's do not realize this, that is one of the reasons they are a problem.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 4:36 pm

You want to say things and not worry about if they are offensive? There is another term for that - those people are called jerks.