Doing away with all these spammy stupid Ads. I've had enough

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 11:33 am

I don't mean to bug you guys to no end, but would someone please do something about the animated/flash ads? Ideally, we would go back to the text-only ads (ie, the Google ones). Those may have been slightly annoying, but they were fine.

Sorry, but I'm just getting a little annoyed at the whole situation. :?

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 2:09 pm

God Bless You, my Son. If I were Catholic, I would nominate you for Sainhood.

(once again, proving that I am a religious conservative)

alex
Developer
Developer

17 Jan 2006, 2:26 pm

Namiko wrote:
I don't mean to bug you guys to no end, but would someone please do something about the animated/flash ads? Ideally, we would go back to the text-only ads (ie, the Google ones). Those may have been slightly annoying, but they were fine.

Sorry, but I'm just getting a little annoyed at the whole situation. :?

I can understand that you are annoyed at a lot of the ads. I will be removing all tasteless advertisements from the site. If you've noticed, there are now a lot of monster ads for Nurses. This is a targeted advertisement campaign because we are a "health site." As a result, monster is being very generous in terms of how much they're paying us. Also, their advertisments are not overly animated and always eventually get to a point where they stop moving.

I think this type of advertisement will be beneficial to the site as a whole as it informs people at the site of the many health jobs available on monster.com, and it provides money to hire columnists and artists to provide even more amazing wrongplanet content.

Also, you may have noticed that I am taking all of your opinions into consideration, and as a result, there are a lot more static text-based advertisements. I'm also blocking all companies who use any type of invasive (i.e. flashing/overly animated) or tasteless ad.

I am totally open to suggestions, so please complain! If you are offended by an ad, I need to know.

Javid
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jan 2006, 4:17 pm

Firefox + adblock = no more ads! ^_^ It even prunes the google ones. o.O

Crucible
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jan 2006, 5:23 pm

I was actually just thinking about this. I was getting extremely annoyed by some of the animated ads here. I just moved part of the window out of the screen so I can't see this rediculous ad that is repeatedly flashing. It is that one for getting online degrees or something.