Bisexuals are not more likely to be promiscuous.

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Jun 2011, 3:21 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
nick007 wrote:
It's the way they use bisexuality as an excuse that ticks me off. Bill Clinton never used heterosexuality as his excuse to have affairs. Some bisexuals claim that they need to be with a man & women to satisfy their bisexual needs. I suspect some are probably mostly gay or straight but using bisexuality so they can have an excuse to be in a relationship with two people.

I don't think you need an excuse to be in a relationship with two people in the 21st century. Surely it's theirs and their partners' business?

It is but the way some advertize it with this in your face attitude makes some judgmental towards em. I don't go around bragging to every person i meet offline that I'm asexual & then getting a really b!tchy attitude when someone makes a negative comment about it. I've known some bisexuals who are really nice people but there are some that are very outspoken about it & they are the ones who tend to get noticed

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 3:25 pm

Having an intimate relationship with more than one person kind of defeats the purpose of having them in the first place... I don't respect anyone that has more than one partner, bisexual or heterosexual or whatever. I'm attracted to males and females, but don't feel the need to be promiscuous like some others do.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 3:26 pm

dunbots wrote:
Having an intimate relationship with more than one person kind of defeats the purpose of having them in the first place... I don't respect anyone that has more than one partner, bisexual or heterosexual or whatever.

Frankly, I don't care how many partners someone has if I'm not one of their partners.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Jun 2011, 3:52 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
dunbots wrote:
Having an intimate relationship with more than one person kind of defeats the purpose of having them in the first place... I don't respect anyone that has more than one partner, bisexual or heterosexual or whatever.

Frankly, I don't care how many partners someone has if I'm not one of their partners.

Same here. It's there choice & it doesn't really bother me as long as they are honest about it with all their partners. However I do understand why some have a problem with it & have a judgmental attitude towards bisexuals

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Catamount
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 9:44 pm

I think someone should do a study on the promiscuity of Aspie bisexuals. I'd be willing to bet that we are far less slu*ty than bisexuals in the general population. Aspies are non-social by nature and IMO would tend to be far more loyal to a partner regardless of whether that relationship is gay or straight. For me, the emotional connection I've made with my wife is far more important than the sexual one I've made with her. If I screwed that up by having sex with a man outside of our marriage, I realize the chances of ever developing that kind of relationship again are almost non-existent. Can't imagine a more powerful incentive for NOT being promiscuous.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

30 Jun 2011, 7:50 pm

I am bisexual but asexual...therefore, not promiscious.

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 10:01 pm

i am dating a bisexual girl....and while she likes sex, and is interested in a 3way...its not because of tht. If there was a heightened promiscuity, I hvnt noticed and it hasnt affected our relationship

Padraig
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jul 2011, 9:29 am

I'm a bisexual man. I'm sexually attracted to both men and women, but am more able to have amorous feelings for men than women. I think this is so because being a man, I feel like I understand and feel closer to men than women. This is just a general statement; there have, of course, been exceptions. I can only speak for myself, but I seek companionship more than I do a sexual relationship (not to say that I have no interest in one), and thus, when I am in a relationship with someone, I am satisfied with their companionship and do not feel the desire to be (neither sexually nor intimately) with another person.