Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2005, 4:33 pm

I am a carnivore :lol:

rumio
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jun 2005, 6:25 pm

I was vegetarian for 20 years with periods of veganism but now I'm a meat eater good and proper and I love it. I feel a bit weird if I don't get some meat every day but I won't generally eat battery chicken and mostly eat lamb and love every mouthful. Fish rocks too.

Taineyah
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Jun 2005, 11:09 pm

Since I was a small child, I've hated meat. Mum always makes me eat it, though. The only meat I like is chicken and only then if it's deep-fried beyond recognition. I'll also eat ground beef if it's in something without complaining.

My meat hating was the cause of one of the things I do that makes mum the angriest--eating my meals one food at a time. I always ate my meat first, because it was worse when it was cold, then my favourite veggie on the plate, then my starch, then drank 2 glasses of milk. To this day, I do that if mum isn't watching closely to make sure I"m not.

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2005, 8:53 am

Psychlone wrote:
Anyone else here revolted by the taste, texture, smell, and sliminess of meat? For many years I was a vegetarian but recently I started eating Fish and then Chicken to my diet, though I still don't really like it unless it is prepared just a certain way. Chicken is usually very rubbery, and I hate biting into a hard bone or tendon... sometimes you can also see the blood vessels (or what I think used to be blood vessels). Meat also has skin and hair and sweatglands and blood and it is just gross! :x

I still don't eat beef or pork and I don't ever intend to. As bad as Chicken and Fish are, these are 10 times worse. Plus they inject the meat with all sorts of chemicals which can't be healthy and then there is diseases to worry about such as mad cow.

I like meat. Especially when you are eating it off the bone. I mainly enjoy bsteak, beef, pork, gammon, boerewors, biltong, ribs and droewors. If you do not like it, fine. More meat for me!

I WAS NOT WHAT I HAD ALWAYS TRIED TO EMULATE.
INSTEAD A SHADOW OF FORMER GLORY.
AND THEN I CRIED.

monastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2005, 11:04 am

I eat meat but I don't want my meat to look anything like it did when it was alive. Chicken has to be boneless and fish too. If I detect the shape of an animal, I lose my appetite. Strange. Does this make me a carnivore in denial? :( :wink:

In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act. - George Orwell

SOK
Raven
Raven

01 Jul 2005, 12:13 pm

I'm a vegetarian and always have been.

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2005, 1:17 pm

Oh well. That is your decision.

I WAS NOT WHAT I HAD ALWAYS TRIED TO EMULATE.
INSTEAD A SHADOW OF FORMER GLORY.
AND THEN I CRIED.

ISavant
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jul 2005, 8:12 pm

I personally hate vegetable matter. I'll eat damn near any kind of meat (Except organ meat. They all taste vile), and I'll do anything I can to avoid eating vegetables.

AegNuddel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2006, 3:35 pm

NO BEEF! I don't like the smell, it gives me gas, and mad cow...let's just say, it's not over! The US beef industry is full of liars and cheats! I've read the rules about the feeding of cattle, and mad cow testing, and I am NOT satisfied. This comes out, and people play it down, but the bird flu...it hasn't even reached North America, and it's all hyped up! Isn't that a bit backwards?! Sounds like beef industry has the government in their pockets...I could see it since in days of old, cattle ranching was a major US industry. This make sense, or am I just paranoid?

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2006, 4:18 pm

I'll eat anything. People Are Meat.

Yameretzu
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jan 2006, 5:13 pm

I have always hated the texture of meat.

Then again eating salad (lettuce, cumcumber, fresh tomatoe, etc) makes me physically sick yet I love veggies.

Steph x.

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2006, 5:16 pm

I have always HATED meat, absolutely hated it. It's not a moral thing, I don't think so anyway. Some of my most traumatic childhood memories are of being forced to eat meat.

I am usually vegan. Once every 1-3 months I will eat some kind of fish or poultry, and just once. My body does seem to crave the protein on rare occasion but usually meat seems really gross.

I have aversions to many high protein foods, not just meat.

quietangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2006, 5:29 pm

I have an aversion to pork. My son will not eat meat except in rare circumstances.
He will only eat white meat chickem, he hates the texture of fat or presence of fat. He will eat hamburgers, but no steak, etc. Basically if given an option he wouldn't eat it. I think ground meat is best. He dislikes fish as well (except crab legs).
I was vegan for awhile and it was nice, but for some reason I went back to meat. *scratches head

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

17 Jan 2006, 4:45 pm

I love meat, the rarer the better. A good rare steak is one of my favorite foods.

On the other hand, cheese and yoghurt repulse me, I won't eat any kind of invertebrate (this inclues calamari, shrimp, and shellfish), and I can't take cauliflower. The whiteness scares me. I'm not that fond of pork, either.

I feel slightly left out now.

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 10:07 pm

I LOVE MEAT! GIMME A NICE STEAK, RARE! There ain't nothin better than a nice juicy steak! Acully, I lie, there is something better than a nice juciy steak, two of them!

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2006, 11:56 am

I enjoy every aspect of eating dead animals.