Blech, should I just work somewhere I don't want to?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2023, 12:26 am

that is a good practical way of handling and seeing it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2023, 7:12 pm

auntblabby wrote:
that is a good practical way of handling and seeing it.

Well I thought more about it and decided while I'll be open minded to bigger stores like target. I think I have decided against pursuing target further for now. The interview process just weirds me out too much, and I couldn't even get a good nights sleep last night because of worrying about it.

I would rather get to talk to a person, to get more of a feel for it and be able to ask questions of my own...before I make a final decision about working there. Also, I don't really have good answers for the questions that are on their talk to a wall style interview. They ask about situations I haven't really experienced so I don't know how to answer outside of making up stories to fit the question which I am not very good at. If I was talking to a person I could say I haven't ran into whatever situation so they could potentially adjust their questions, and maybe give me a potential scenario and ask me how I would handle it.

But yeah I think not actually getting to talk to a human for the interview is a deal breaker for me. I could still look into walmart and nearby grocery stores and keep looking on indeed for job adds I am sure I can find something with a real interview.