Why I want to see the Nickelodeon cartoon series "SpongeBob

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2023, 11:47 am

I'm still amused that they snuck in all that innuendo.

In the early 90s, there was a show called 2 Stupid Dogs. In one episode, the dogs were at a drive-in movie, and the little dog asked "This is caca! Why do people come here?" Cars were bouncing in the background.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2023, 6:47 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I'm still amused that they snuck in all that innuendo.

In the early 90s, there was a show called 2 Stupid Dogs. In one episode, the dogs were at a drive-in movie, and the little dog asked "This is caca! Why do people come here?" Cars were bouncing in the background.

"The things they get away with on kids shows these days." :3
-Yakko Warner

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2023, 10:56 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
UncannyDanny wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:
I still like to do hot things to my SpongeBob plush in bed hehe

He is fun to kiss and touch

Okay I need a REAL partner and REAL sex!

Funnily enough, though, these two stupid guys are craving to get 'scored', also.

And I thought that cartoon was lousier than the ongoing Spongebob. :roll:

Well, then you won't be thrilled to learn Beavis and Butthead are back with new episodes. You'd probably find them just as lousy as the old ones.

TBH, I'd rather watch Daria anyday than B&BH, even though I only like it for the memes. :roll:

TBH, I wonder if there's even going to be a messed-up reboot of Daria? :|

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2023, 3:11 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
UncannyDanny wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

Funnily enough, though, these two stupid guys are craving to get 'scored', also.

Well, then you won't be thrilled to learn Beavis and Butthead are back with new episodes. You'd probably find them just as lousy as the old ones.

Are they still not allowed to burn things?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2023, 6:54 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
UncannyDanny wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

I've seen a few clips of Beavis and Butthead as adults and the they're really funny. Somehow they work at least as well.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2023, 6:59 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
UncannyDanny wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

Are they still not allowed to burn things?

They did do an episode where Beavis confronted his idol, a living embodiment of fire.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2023, 7:01 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
UncannyDanny wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

TBH, I'd rather watch Daria anyday than B&BH, even though I only like it for the memes. :roll:

TBH, I wonder if there's even going to be a messed-up reboot of Daria? :|

I think they're planning a spinoff about the character Jodie.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2023, 8:11 pm

Season 13 of SpongeBob SquarePants is atrocious and nothing but callbacks & nostalgic pandering

I am NOT the only one who wants to see the show end at this point!

Nickelodeon needs to move on!

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 7:06 am

I think Nickelodeon has become more like the Spongebob channel? :|

Why not make anything just as good as the cartoons at least 20 years ago?

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 5:53 pm

I think Cartoon Network is just as bad as Nickelodeon, with the only show on during the daytime is that really stupid "Teen Titans GO!".

TBH, I think the originality for family-friendly/all-ages media is collapsing. 8O

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 7:04 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
I think Nickelodeon has become more like the Spongebob channel? :|

Why not make anything just as good as the cartoons at least 20 years ago?

Because Nickelodeon has become lazy

SpongeBob is the only thing that has sustained them for 2 decades but now that the show is no longer doing well in the ratings I feel that is all about to change!

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 7:10 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
I think Cartoon Network is just as bad as Nickelodeon, with the only show on during the daytime is that really stupid "Teen Titans GO!".

TBH, I think the originality for family-friendly/all-ages media is collapsing. 8O

I like TTG

Video games are still creative and innovative

This is a problem with the American TV and movie industries

Cartoon Network is getting to be as bad as Nickelodeon but at least they are still creating new IPs unlike Nick!

The whole entire issue is that Nickelodeon is tethered to SpongeBob SquarePants and vice-versa

How can they safely untether from SpongeBob without destroying their network?

That is the question

What are your thoughts?

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 7:20 pm

^My thoughts?

Well, I think the network station needs to find and hire new creators and animators, and make new cartoons/shows that are both entertaining and meaningful, not running the same TIRESOME program over and over again expecting a different result! :roll:

Don't get me wrong, though, I still enjoy classics, like Wild Thornberries, Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life, My Life as a Teenaged Robot, and Danny Phantom, but replaying just Spongebob over and over again like a broken record? Nuh-uh, nope, rotting acceleration detected! :x

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 7:36 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
^My thoughts?

Well, I think the network station needs to find and hire new creators and animators, and make new cartoons/shows that are both entertaining and meaningful, not running the same TIRESOME program over and over again expecting a different result! :roll:

My brother Josh said it's not enough for SpongeBob SquarePants to get low ratings

The show is kept alive through name recognition and it is only when either Nickelodeon goes bankrupt or something happens that causes SpongeBob to get cancelled like retirement/death of a voice actor that SBSP will FINALLY end!

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 7:46 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
UncannyDanny wrote:
^My thoughts?

Don't get me wrong, though, I still enjoy classics, like Wild Thornberries, Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life, My Life as a Teenaged Robot, and Danny Phantom, but replaying just Spongebob over and over again like a broken record? Nuh-uh, nope, rotting acceleration detected! :x

My brother Josh said it's not enough for SpongeBob SquarePants to get low ratings

The show is kept alive through name recognition and it is only when either Nickelodeon goes bankrupt or something happens that causes SpongeBob to get cancelled like retirement/death of a voice actor that SBSP will FINALLY end!

And IS Nick on the brink of collapse, if I may ask?

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 7:57 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:
UncannyDanny wrote:
^My thoughts?

And IS Nick on the brink of collapse, if I may ask?

Yes

If SpongeBob SquarePants is on the brink of collapse so too is Nickelodeon!