FOOD TRAUMAS - Something you're put off from eating

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 7:08 pm

flat_affect wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
I don't drink apple juice. Someone joked about it looking like pee when I was little and I just kinda soured on it.

Anything that looks, smells, tastes or feels like peas should be banished from the earth.

I can tolerate peas.
But urine is too far.

utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 7:56 pm

Possible Disgust Warning
I used to dye water yellow and drink it just to gross people out.

As for food I won't eat, if I typed it all out it would break my laptop, but the highlights are tomatoes, mushrooms, avocados, cucumbers, sometimes carrots, corn unless it's in bread, any kind of fruit in the wrong context, most seafood ... well you get the idea.

Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.

flat_affect
Raven
Raven

04 Aug 2024, 8:21 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
flat_affect wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
I don't drink apple juice. Someone joked about it looking like pee when I was little and I just kinda soured on it.

Anything that looks, smells, tastes or feels like peas should be banished from the earth.

I can tolerate peas.
But urine is too far.

I envy you. You would've been a valuable ally during my childhood.

flat_affect
Raven
Raven

04 Aug 2024, 8:24 pm

utterly absurd wrote:
Possible Disgust Warning

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

J.J.
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2024, 10:02 pm

My dad used to force me to eat bananas for years, and i hated the texture (i hate a lot of foods, i was always extremely picky) so I would end up uncontrollably puking in the trash hoping he didn't find it if I didn't have a safe place to sneakily hide the banana away. I like some other fruits but no it had to be bananas.

Now, anything that smells like bananas i absolutely despise.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 10:09 pm

flat_affect wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
flat_affect wrote:

I can tolerate peas.
But urine is too far.

I envy you. You would've been a valuable ally during my childhood.

There's very few foods I didn't eventually make peace with eating. The alternative was getting hit and still having to eat whatever it was. A few of the foods I couldn't eat eventually stopped being bought, like canned mushrooms and lima beans.

As an adult I can't do calamari, this is a texture issue, not a might be pig rectum issue.

I can tolerate fish but generally avoid other seafood.
I'm not big on bananas.

I'm not sure how well any of my food aversions would hold up if I was sufficiently hungry. I remember buying Doritos when I was 10 or 11 despite knowing I didn't like them only to find them very satisfying. I don't recall why but I was absolutely ravenous when I bought them. Corn chips and tortilla chips were always a no-go food for me before that moment, but not since.

utterly absurd wrote:
Possible Disgust Warning

:lol: :lol:

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 10:37 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

As an adult I can't do calamari, this is a texture issue, not a might be pig rectum issue.

In Thailand what I thought was calamari was actually chicken cloacas.

The smell of Celery makes me heave.
I don't like artichoke
I hate the thought of any insect except witchetty grubs, which are surprisingly nutty.

flat_affect
Raven
Raven

04 Aug 2024, 10:41 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
There's very few foods I didn't eventually make peace with eating. The alternative was getting hit and still having to eat whatever it was. A few of the foods I couldn't eat eventually stopped being bought, like canned mushrooms and lima beans.

Omg, lima beans, peas and okra, the Devil's Triad!

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2024, 9:35 pm

There's a lot I don't like. But a trauma related one is crispy noodles. When I was about 12, my mum bought a bag of them and we shared them while watching tv after dinner. During that night I woke up feeling terrible and I was sick shortly after. But that wasn't the end of it. I was sick about five times and in the morning I was very tired and worn out. I told my mum I was sick during the night and she said she was too. And then she made me go to school!

I haven't eaten crispy noodles since.