Page 2 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2005, 5:12 pm

I saw the quote by tak, i presume thats what you mean. I think i covered that by exclaiming that posting about bashing certain groups are out of order but Sean still has the right to oppose them. Making people feel that they dont have a voice will only make them more extreme i think.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2005, 5:18 pm

no it wasn;t Taks' post. it was another thread, started by sean. only one of the mods posted, and i was half way through a post when it was pulled. but, as the mods have removed the thread, it might be inappropriate to discuss it any further. you could ask one of the mods. suffice it to say, it made me feel physically sick.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2005, 5:31 pm

Ok. Thanks for clarifying things. I presumed you were talking about the bashing of gays thing which would understandibly upset some people here. I will stick my nose out now as i havent read the thread that was pulled.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2005, 7:25 pm

*shakes head* Um, since when did this become a political, humanitarian debate when the topic's original intent was to get members opinions and feelings on clowns? Honestly I have to say that I agree with vertivert on this. I'm honestly disgusted by some user's behaviors lately when it comes to comments related to bigotry, racism, and all the other nonsense that seems to show up. We're all somewhere on the autism spectrum for the most part in this community. Race, sexual preference, etc. shouldn't factor and those that let it factor are hurting the community in their own selfish behavior. I normally don't speak up but I've read some of the other posts that vertivert mentionned involving some of your comment's Sean and I've refrained until now from responding. I'm honestly sickened by your lack of respect for others. AS is not an excuse to get away with stupidity. At one point in time I may have respected you but I'm starting to wonder now why it was warranted if you're only going to hurt others.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2005, 9:24 pm

I'm not the one that hijacked this thread to propagate a gay rights agenda/persecution complex.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 1:35 am

MishLuvsHer2Boys wrote:
*shakes head* Um, since when did this become a political, humanitarian debate when the topic's original intent was to get members opinions and feelings on clowns?

this is true. i do apologise for "hijacking" the thread, but i cannot and will not leave things unsaid.

perhaps one of the mods could split the non-clown stuff off into a separate thread?

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 1:41 am

If you guys have a problem with Sean then put it in it's own seperate thread. I can almost guarantee it will be more likely to receive moderator attention than here in a Clown thread.

That said, here are some sites to get us back on topic:

http://www.scaryornot.com/
http://www.zombotheclown.com/
http://www.evildeadclowns.com/

Just some sites on the evilness of clowns. :o

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 3:00 am

vetivert wrote:
it isn't an emotional response, it's political. and humanitarian.

and i do believe that most people here won't have seen the post which was removed just as i was posting on it earlier - fine work by the mods.

maybe if you HAD, you would understand my disgust.

8/6/45? Civet moved that in under a minute. I thought there was some kind of fluke that caused it not to show up, so I hit the back button a couple times to resubmit, and saw it was already moved to the mods forum. :( What a messed up society we live in now where obtaining victory to prevent our own opression is appaling. :roll:

Last edited by Sean on 07 Aug 2005, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 3:33 am

Psychlone wrote:
If you guys have a problem with Sean then put it in it's own seperate thread. I can almost guarantee it will be more likely to receive moderator attention than here in a Clown thread.

...And would also be a good way for me to find out how many $h!+ lists (for lack of a better term) i've made. :lol:

You can call it 'The vandetta against Sean [split from "Hate Clowns?"]'

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 7:16 am

Sean wrote:
What a messed up society we live in now where obtaining victory to prevent our own opression is appaling. :roll:

I was under the impression that people generally chose to celebrate V-J day, since it marked the end of the bloodiest war in human history, instead of celebrating the day we kilt lotsa dem japs. It's pretty revolting to see you're more interested in the number of people we took down rather than how it allowed us to end all that, but I can't say I'm surprised. I was for giving you a chance to learn some etiquette and I didn't think the mods should step in before now, but it's pretty clear that your bigotry isn't going to change.

stlf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 9:54 am

AND NOW...BACK TO CLOWNS:

I don't like the happy ones, as some of you have pointed out they are fake and just ugly. The worst example of this is Ronald McDonnald. I really hate him and have since I was a kid.

Sad and/or evil clowns are kinda cool though good example here is the Insane Clown Posse.

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 11:34 am

All clowns are evil.

I WAS NOT WHAT I HAD ALWAYS TRIED TO EMULATE.
INSTEAD A SHADOW OF FORMER GLORY.
AND THEN I CRIED.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 1:03 pm

Sean wrote:
6/6/45? Civet moved that in under a minute. I thought there was some kind of fluke that caused it not to show up, so I hit the back button a couple times to resubmit, and saw it was already moved to the mods forum. :( What a messed up society we live in now where obtaining victory to prevent our own opression is appaling. :roll:

i don't understand this post at all, sean.

and i really would like to see the bits of this thread split, as i feel like i'm hijacking again, but these things need to be dicussed.

and ghotistix... what can i say? i'm glad mish and i are not in a minority of two, that's for sure.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 2:11 pm

thanks, scoots! :)

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 6:02 pm

ghotistix wrote:
I was under the impression that people generally chose to celebrate V-J day, since it marked the end of the bloodiest war in human history, instead of celebrating the day we kilt lotsa dem japs. It's pretty revolting to see you're more interested in the number of people we took down rather than how it allowed us to end all that, but I can't say I'm surprised. I was for giving you a chance to learn some etiquette and I didn't think the mods should step in before now, but it's pretty clear that your bigotry isn't going to change.

The number of people we killed was crucial to winning the war because it eliminated their capacity to wage war and forced their surrender. If we had to launch a traditional amphibious invasion in the Japaneese home islands in the manner that present day "humanitarians" woud have prefered, there would have been mass suicides like occured in Saipan and Okinawa, we would have probably had to resort to the same ethic cleansing we fought and died over to end in Europe just to prevent gorilla and suicide attacks, and would have lost and estimated 500,000 allied troops in the first month of fighting alone. So in my opinion, dropping the A-bombs was a really good thing.

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 6:20 pm

Sean wrote:
ghotistix wrote:

The number of people we killed was crucial to winning the war because it eliminated their capacity to wage war and forced their surrender. If we had to launch a traditional amphibious invasion in the Japaneese home islands in the manner that present day "humanitarians" woud have prefered, there would have been mass suicides like occured in Saipan and Okinawa, we would have probably had to resort to the same ethic cleansing we fought and died over to end in Europe just to prevent gorilla and suicide attacks, and would have lost and estimated 500,000 allied troops in the first month of fighting alone. So in my opinion, dropping the A-bombs was a really good thing.

That's ignoring the fact the Japanese tried to surrender repeatedly before we dropped the bombs and we ignored them.

http://www.doug-long.com/hiroshim.htm

Quote:
Still, the messages from Togo to Sato, read by the U.S. at the time, clearly indicated that Japan was seeking to end the war:

* July 11: "make clear to Russia... We have no intention of annexing or taking possession of the areas which we have been occupying as a result of the war; we hope to terminate the war".
* July 12: "it is His Majesty's heart's desire to see the swift termination of the war".
* July 13: "I sent Ando, Director of the Bureau of Political Affairs to communicate to the [Soviet] Ambassador that His Majesty desired to dispatch Prince Konoye as special envoy, carrying with him the personal letter of His Majesty stating the Imperial wish to end the war" (for above items, see: U.S. Dept. of State, Potsdam 1, pg. 873-879).
* July 18: "Negotiations... necessary... for soliciting Russia's good offices in concluding the war and also in improving the basis for negotiations with England and America." (Magic-Diplomatic Summary, 7/18/45, Records of the National Security Agency, Magic Files, RG 457, Box 18, National Archives).
* July 22: "Special Envoy Konoye's mission will be in obedience to the Imperial Will. He will request assistance in bringing about an end to the war through the good offices of the Soviet Government." The July 21st communication from Togo also noted that a conference between the Emperor's emissary, Prince Konoye, and the Soviet Union, was sought, in preparation for contacting the U.S. and Great Britain (Magic-Diplomatic Summary, 7/22/45, Records of the National Security Agency, Magic Files, RG 457, Box 18, National Archives).
* July 25: "it is impossible to accept unconditional surrender under any circumstances, but we should like to communicate to the other party through appropriate channels that we have no objection to a peace based on the Atlantic Charter." (U.S. Dept. of State, Potsdam 2, pg. 1260 - 1261).
* July 26: Japan's Ambassador to Moscow, Sato, to the Soviet Acting Commissar for Foreign Affairs, Lozovsky: "The aim of the Japanese Government with regard to Prince Konoye's mission is to enlist the good offices of the Soviet Government in order to end the war." (Magic-Diplomatic Summary, 7/26/45, Records of the National Security Agency, Magic Files, RG 457, Box 18, National Archives).