Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

auntyjack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 May 2009, 6:00 am

CanyonWind wrote:
There's no reason for Tony Attwood to care about my aspie daughter, since she's too young to have a credit card.

I have been at a presentation where he left the audience in no doubt that we make terrible partners. One mother I know was in tears at the thought of her son's future. I signed the petition.

However one charge against Attwood is somewhat unjust. I was dxd by him and the process cost a lot less than any other I know of. As I live too far away to get support from his clinic, he directed a psych I went to for help with body language and did not charge me anything for that. He has also provided ongoing email and phone support when I have needed it and I know he does that for other clients too. I don't think he is a god, but I also don't think he is money hungry. I think it is more that he enjoys adulation.

BarbaraJ
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 May 2009, 5:34 pm

auntyjack wrote:
I think it is more that he enjoys adulation.

No. He is just honest and good, and kind.

He doesn't need or welcome adulation.

Get your head around this notion, please.

BarbaraJ
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 May 2009, 5:48 pm

EvilZak wrote:

The blog's been deleted - which means that it's not possible to confirm or discuss any claims made about it.

It was deleted after I copied and pasted it to Ari Ne'eman. As I did, in that case, to many others.

The defamation doesn't just go away because it's now been deleted. It remains. That's the issue with online defamation, Zak. Dates and times are recorded, and are frozen, as a snapshot. It can't be deleted at will.

And the emails of that hysterical defamation are frozen in my hard drive.

Ho hum........ :)

So, if you want to say anything remotely threatening, ever, please don't do it in blogs or by email. That's my best advice. :)

EvilZak
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 May 2009, 7:42 pm

BarbaraJ wrote:
The defamation doesn't just go away because it's now been deleted. It remains. That's the issue with online defamation, Zak. Dates and times are recorded, and are frozen, as a snapshot. It can't be deleted at will.

I could probably go back and forth for several pages about whether or not things Harry said constitute defamation, but instead I'll simply reiterate my earlier point:

This petition was organised by Ari Ne'eman, with campaigns relating to the petition being organised through ASAN. Harry's agenda just simply isn't part of the discussion.

If you'd like to expand on why you consider Tony's endorsement of FAAAS via their professional advisory panel to be a non-issue, feel free - that's the topic at hand, after all. This other stuff is unrelated.

westernwild
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2009, 12:17 am

BarbaraJ wrote:
auntyjack wrote:

I'm sorry, but I refuse to "get my head around that notion" until and unless he completely disassociates himself with FAAAS and, thus, stops promoting and perpetuating their hateful views and attempts to implement damaging policies against aspies. My son faces a difficult enough future, as smart and brilliant and funny and nice and charming as he is, because of hate groups like FAAAS and those "experts" who associate with them.

Life is not about waiting out storms, but learning to dance in the rain-Anonymous

westernwild
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2009, 12:20 am

BarbaraJ wrote:
EvilZak wrote:

The blog's been deleted - which means that it's not possible to confirm or discuss any claims made about it.

It was deleted after I copied and pasted it to Ari Ne'eman. As I did, in that case, to many others.

And the emails of that hysterical defamation are frozen in my hard drive.

Ho hum........ :)

Nice. So you care more about some questionable alleged "defamation" against Atwood by aspies who just want to hold him accountable for support of groups who are against them, than you do Atwood's defamation of us by his association with hate groups like FAAAS and his refusal to speak out against their hateful stereotyping and attempts to implement damaging policies, even giving "workshops" for them when their so-called "workshops" are nothing more than extended hatefests against aspies? Nice. :evil:

So, if you want to say anything remotely threatening, ever, please don't do it in blogs or by email. That's my best advice. :)

Life is not about waiting out storms, but learning to dance in the rain-Anonymous

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2009, 12:54 am

BarbaraJ wrote:
auntyjack wrote:

Sure, i believe you. I always believe everything some groupie says about the celebrity they worship. Nope, facts don't bother me, not when I got some groupie telling me to ignore them.

BarbaraJ wrote:

If you're trying to break my heart, you're not doing a very good job. I can't imagine how some puddle of sewage who's helping to force my daughters to get beat up and otherwise abused could cry and piss and moan about how they're being 'threatened."

I get threatened when my kids are threatened, so it's impossible to avoid the conclusion that you need to kiss my ass.

I don't care about your career. Come back when you stop hurting kids.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2009, 7:56 am

Are there limitations as to who should sign this petition? What's the current status of it?

Oh, and just to let you know, that FAAAS group have also given a response:

http://www.faaas.org/doc.php?6,360,405967p,faa845937,,,Doc,news.html

westernwild
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2009, 12:59 pm

Jono wrote:
Are there limitations as to who should sign this petition? What's the current status of it?

Oh, and just to let you know, that FAAAS group have also given a response:

http://www.faaas.org/doc.php?6,360,405967p,faa845937,,,Doc,news.html

Jesus H. effing Christ, what a total crock of unadulterated untruthful backpedaling BULL[edited for censor override by sinsboldly] that so-called "statement" from FAAAS is. Just when I thought they couldn't sink any lower. They couldn't care less about getting services for adults with AS and making sure they get "official support", their only aim and concern is to demonize and bash AS adults, especially men, and to try to implement official policies AGAINST them, especially in family and domestic courts. Yeah, they want to "spread the word" about AS in adults, all right, so that they can then out, bash and demonize such adults. f*****g losers.

westernwild
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2009, 1:02 pm

CanyonWind wrote:
BarbaraJ wrote:
auntyjack wrote:

Sure, i believe you. I always believe everything some groupie says about the celebrity they worship. Nope, facts don't bother me, not when I got some groupie telling me to ignore them.

BarbaraJ wrote:

If you're trying to break my heart, you're not doing a very good job. I can't imagine how some puddle of sewage who's helping to force my daughters to get beat up and otherwise abused could cry and piss and moan about how they're being 'threatened."

I get threatened when my kids are threatened, so it's impossible to avoid the conclusion that you need to kiss my ass.

I don't care about your career. Come back when you stop hurting kids.

:salut:

Amen!

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2009, 1:34 pm

Westernwild, I think you've gotten so uptight about that statement from FAAAS that I posted a link to, that you completely missed the question I asked in my post. What is the current status of the petition?

westernwild
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2009, 1:43 pm

Jono wrote:
Westernwild, I think you've gotten so uptight about that statement from FAAAS that I posted a link to, that you completely missed the question I asked in my post. What is the current status of the petition?

I'm sorry, Jono, but I don't know what the current status of the petition is since I'm not in charge of it and didn't post it. I'd be curious to know that myself. Anyone know?

westernwild
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2009, 1:43 pm

Jono wrote:

I'm sorry, Jono, but I don't know what the current status of the petition is since I'm not in charge of it and didn't post it. I'd be curious to know that myself. Anyone know?

EvilZak
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 May 2009, 3:47 pm

Jono wrote:

Still ongoing. Tony Attwood's currently on a speaking tour of The UK & US, which makes it a bit tricky to negotiate - hopefully when he returns things will move forward a bit quicker.

I'm hoping to have organised a bit more on-the-ground support for the campaign in Brisbane by that time, as I think it's very easy to ignore people signing petitions & sending emails, but not so easy to ignore a group of people collecting signatures at a conference.

To put it another way, the campaign will be ongoing until Tony removes his name from FAAAS's Professional Advisory Board, or at least until he gets some serious bad press from not doing so.

(To clarify, I'm not actually running the campaign - I'm just someone in contact with Ari who happens to live in Brisbane).

westernwild
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2009, 4:07 pm

EvilZak wrote:
Jono wrote:

Still ongoing. Tony Attwood's currently on a speaking tour of The UK & US, which makes it a bit tricky to negotiate - hopefully when he returns things will move forward a bit quicker.

I'm hoping to have organised a bit more on-the-ground support for the campaign in Brisbane by that time, as I think it's very easy to ignore people signing petitions & sending emails, but not so easy to ignore a group of people collecting signatures at a conference.

To put it another way, the campaign will be ongoing until Tony removes his name from FAAAS's Professional Advisory Board, or at least until he gets some serious bad press from not doing so.

(To clarify, I'm not actually running the campaign - I'm just someone in contact with Ari who happens to live in Brisbane).

Count me in, I'd love to help anyway that I can on the US side of things.

EvilZak
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 May 2009, 11:09 pm

westernwild wrote:
Count me in, I'd love to help anyway that I can on the US side of things.

Yay! *grins*

I just passed on ASAN's contact details to you via PM - they're the best people to ask what's happening, especially in the US.