Pileated woodpecker

22 Aug 2006, 6:52 am

(hands CockneyRebel model Routemaster bus) :D

lastwish
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Aug 2006, 9:22 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
A gift that's bought for a Woman should match her Interests and her Personality. :mrgreen:

most NT woman seem to have neither, which is why guys resort to flowers and chocolates :P

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 11:29 am

lastwish wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
A gift that's bought for a Woman should match her Interests and her Personality. :mrgreen:

most NT woman seem to have neither, which is why guys resort to flowers and chocolates :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: OK thats funny! But hey, aspie women make up for it by having both interests and personalities :wink:

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 10:45 pm

MrMark wrote:
wobbegong wrote:
they wilted to oblivion inside 3 days.
Flowers, like beauty, fade. My wife told me that she didn't care for store bought flowers much. She prefered the single little wildflower found on my walk.

Ok first how does symbolically sneaking into a ladies room to leave a flower show that you are respecting our space? It's quite the opposite. By posting here you are showing disrespect.

Also what are you doing giving flowers, symbolic or not, to other women if you have a wife? Maybe you should be giving gifts to your wife.

It's quite obvious now why the Yahoo Aspergers women's group exists because it does allow for a private group instead of this forum which is routinely invaded by males.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 8:22 am

Ticker wrote:
MrMark wrote:
Flowers, like beauty, fade. My wife told me that she didn't care for store bought flowers much. She prefered the single little wildflower found on my walk.

Ok first how does symbolically sneaking into a ladies room to leave a flower show that you are respecting our space? It's quite the opposite. By posting here you are showing disrespect.

Well, the idea was to beautify the Women's Pavilion and thus acknowledge your need and entitlement. Of course symbolic interpretation is in the eye of the beholder. If it offends you, I would be happy to remove it, but I think more than 9999 hours have passed and I can't.

Ticker wrote:
Also what are you doing giving flowers, symbolic or not, to other women if you have a wife? Maybe you should be giving gifts to your wife.

MrMark wrote:
I miss my wife, but life goes on.

- Emerson

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 12:44 pm

MrMark wrote:
Well, the idea was to beautify the Women's Pavilion and thus acknowledge your need and entitlement. Of course symbolic interpretation is in the eye of the beholder. If it offends you, I would be happy to remove it, but I think more than 9999 hours have passed and I can't.

It's not the flowers themselves that is offending. Its the fact you think you can show respect by posting in the women's forum when it plainly says "For Women Only". Apparently a lot of AS guys have trouble reading too or perhaps comprehending. Do you also walk into the ladies' restroom when you are in town?

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 1:07 pm

Ticker wrote:
Do you also walk into the ladies' restroom when you are in town?

The ladies' restroom is not a new and evolving issue. I've stated what my intentions were. I'm sorry if you were offended.

- Emerson

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 3:00 pm

Ticker, has it ever occurred to you that maybe the guys who visit here are the ones who care the most, which is why they're making the effort to understand things from a women's point of view by reading the threads?

From the early posts in this section I took the "No men" rule to be jokey rather than absolute. I think both sexes could do with being a lot more open with each other about all sorts of things, especially a lot of issues which are regarded as socially taboo. Luckily Aspies are known for their commitment to honesty and disregard for social pleasantries, so we have more of a chance than most people.

Personally I have always held women in much higher regard when it comes to friendship and conversation. I think a lot of men are very false. In one of the online surveys my characteristics were rated as 3/4 female, even though I am a man. So I'm here to have some interesting conversations with my natural friends.

Naturally there is an element of privacy and respect involved and I will try to avoid being judgemental or commenting on anything when I have insufficient knowledge. I know there are some things that women go through which men can never get close to experiencing - I'm just trying to understand as best I can. Similarly women can browse through the Men's section and post if they wish; indeed I'd encourage it just to ensure we have a balanced point of view. But again some of the topics might be a little sensitive so some respect is necessary.

Getting back to the point of this particular thread - I thought the flowers were a nice touch. Even if you don't like flowers, what's the harm in it?

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 7:45 pm

I don't think its that bad.. i am positive other guys come into the womens discussion.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 10:07 am

Mr. Mark has more posts in the women's discussion then any woman and i think he was the first or second person to even post in it when it first started.

Also, if a woman posted something in the men's discussion he would write "Woof" or "Wolf Whistle" or something stupid like that.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 1:37 pm

bizarre wrote:
Mr. Mark has more posts in the women's discussion then any woman and i think he was the first or second person to even post in it when it first started.

Also, if a woman posted something in the men's discussion he would write "Woof" or "Wolf Whistle" or something stupid like that.

So what is it, bizarre? Do you have something against me personally?

My score, for those of you keeping score:

Gifts – 10

Question for the men – 6

Women: The guys want you on Aspie Affection! - 1

(I may have missed some. I only have limited time to research your facts for you.)

So 10 in the thread I started, many of which were just defending myself. 6 in "Question for the men" where we were invited to post, and 1 in "The guys want you on Aspie Affection!" whuch is a thread Axex started. No other woman has more than 27 posts in the women's forum? Well I do more than 20 posts a day, and 27 posts represents less than 2% of my posts. (Why do I keep having to research your facts for you? Do you yet have any evidence to back up your claims that some un-named person or persons are trying to take control of this site?) Alex started a thread there and other men have posted there, so I return to the question. Do you have something againts me personally. If not, what is it that you want?

More:
Ratty posted Aug 2
Fiz posted Aug2
Dandelion posted Aug 3
Krex posted Aug 4
Starling posted Aug 5 5:11 am EDT
I posted Aug 5 after 7:00 am EDT

Not even the first 5, not to mention 1 or 2. And since I was trying to show support for the ladies' new forum, it makes sense that I would post early.

And yes, I've been taking it upon myself to police the Men's forum, but I've not beaten any dead horses.

- Emerson

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 10:04 pm

"WOOF''

krex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2006, 12:15 am

I personaly have poor boundaries and dont like segrigation in general but thought the womens forum would be a safe place to discuss "really personal" things that I didnt want mens comments about.(I did use to use the mens bathroom on occassion because the women took for ever "fixing" their makeup and I had to pee..now!! !!!I went into the mens forum when it first started because...alot of people were crossing the boundaries,so I thought it was more about issues that pertain more to women or men and not "just" women or men...as it stated...but I left pretty quick because of the rudness and ignorance of one guy there(only one ...who I think rang my "classic NT" bells...It is sometimes hard not respond to an issue that I see as continuing missinformation about women and reinforcing stereotypes ...because...I felt like there were some men here who were descent guys and didnt have alot of personal experience with women and I didnt want some "jerk" making up lies about who women are as people...I wish there were some clearer rules or that people would post things about the "other" gender where the gender being discussed could refute missinformation...but its not a perfect planet,and somethings take time to work out.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2006, 2:51 pm

bizarre wrote:

Here's what the heading for the Women's Forum reads for those who have never noticed.

Women's Discussion
This is a place where women can feel safe to be themselves. NO guys allowed! "Having a male gynecologist is like going to an auto mechanic who doesn't own a car."

Notice it says NO guys allowed! so yeah there is a problem when guys are in a place that say the are not allowed. It also says a safe to be themselves all is it safe when you have male voyeurs? Unless the guys are transexuals then I don't think they qualify to be in the ladies room. At least that is how it is where I live as that is the only men I have ever seen in the ladies room. I never go to the men's forum because it says MENS FORUM.

I think I will just leave here because it feels 98.5% male and it consists of men who hate women & leave in their dreamworld for the most part. And the only female place on the board is dominated by males. To me that is perverted and sick. Why can't women have a place to talk about girl stuff? And to have guys even butt into posts such as those concerning menstruation is beyond belief.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2006, 4:01 pm

Ticker wrote:
I think I will just leave here because it feels 98.5% male and it consists of men who hate women & leave in their dreamworld for the most part.

I do not hate women, though my landlord does say, "You're just livin' in your own little world, aren't you." Anybody else here hate women?

Ticker wrote:
And the only female place on the board is dominated by males.

I don't think that's true. Do I need to research your facts for you again?

Ticker wrote:
Why can't women have a place to talk about girl stuff?

You do, but it appears that you'd rather rant.

- Emerson

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2006, 4:43 pm

* Moved to another Topic Thread *

Last edited by sociable_hermit on 15 Sep 2006, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.