Page 3 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2006, 11:14 am

hellznrg wrote:
hale_bopp wants to take them away to this fantasy-land yahoo group where there are unicorns and magic castles and above all no guys.....!

So that's what this is all about... you just don't want us to leave? :mrgreen:

hellznrg, about social skills, you shouldn't confuse the ability to communicate in writing online with IRL social abilities. I for one have plenty of the first, very little of the last. I think I type more words in one day than I speak in one year.

sistersunshine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Oct 2006, 11:33 am

hellznrg wrote:
sistersunshine wrote:
hellznrg wrote:
...i'm just curious.. but how many people do u have on your contact lists in the various IM services??

Who, me?

yeah... you have lots of IM services buttons below your posts...

Oh. That. I just filled in all the info when I joined: buy usually yahoo messenger is the only one open. I may have a lot of contacts, but I don't talk to them all often if ever.
<3 Edit:
BTW... social skills CAN be learned. Just because they do not come natural does not mean that you can't "mix and mingle" in society if that is your desire. Personally, I tolerate people (in person) only as long as I must, then I retreat to my sanctuary/nest/home.

hellznrg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2006, 5:04 pm

hmm well i dunno... maybe it's this stupid country i'm living in right now... everywhere you go there's women-only this, women-only that, ladies only, etc etc etc.... it's sickening and degrading... as if guys are 3rd class people... and are women upset over this? hell no... and for a guy to even speak up about this injustice is seen as "unmanly" etc... BS i say...!

anyways, hopefully i'll be off to australia before very long... it'll be nice to live in a normal country for a change...!

hellznrg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2006, 5:13 pm

en_una_isla wrote:
hellznrg wrote:
hale_bopp wants to take them away to this fantasy-land yahoo group where there are unicorns and magic castles and above all no guys.....!

So that's what this is all about... you just don't want us to leave? :mrgreen:

hellznrg, about social skills, you shouldn't confuse the ability to communicate in writing online with IRL social abilities. I for one have plenty of the first, very little of the last. I think I type more words in one day than I speak in one year.

well YOU i certainly don't want to see leave... LOL :) as for the others.. well i'm feeling a bit remorseful so i suppose i can tolerate them... LOL

anyways yeah i prolly pissed off some ppl... so ppl chill out... still though, my hope for humanity wanes a little every day... the universe should prolly just save its breath and whack this planet out of the sky with a large planetoid or something... atleast that way humanity will go out with a bang...! and the fireworks will prolly be awesome too LOL

jman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2006, 9:24 am

hellznrg wrote:
hmm well i dunno... maybe it's this stupid country i'm living in right now... everywhere you go there's women-only this, women-only that, ladies only, etc etc etc.... it's sickening and degrading... as if guys are 3rd class people... and are women upset over this? hell no... and for a guy to even speak up about this injustice is seen as "unmanly" etc... bull**** i say...!

anyways, hopefully i'll be off to australia before very long... it'll be nice to live in a normal country for a change...!

I for one agree with you. I never could stand anything that was 'Ladies only' it pisses me off royally, sexism at it's best. Ever since the women's right movement back in the sixties it seems women are sometimes put on pedestals. For example when the police respond to a domestic dispute it's always the male that gets arrested even if the female was the perpatrator. Then of course you have all these dating gurus like David Deangelo teaching us men 'tactics' on how to get women. His material is degrading to the male gender because it's like we have to act a certain way just for a lady to give us a chance, and it's BS. Just another way of putting women on pedestals.

And of course their's this 'never hit a lady' BS. If a woman were to ever hit me (with the exception of SO where in that case I'd call the police and re-evaluate the relationship), I'd hit her back without hesitation.

So ladies take a clue get off excuse yourselves from your pedestals. Their's nothing special about you just because you have tits and vagina.

</rant>

sistersunshine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2006, 9:34 am

For centuries there were "men-only" clubs and events, and women were second-class citizens. We could not vote, if we got a job we were considered to be lousy wives and mothers... and it was generally accepted and tolerated. Women were treated like property, like slaves. If we were to do that to you men, you'd probably all commit suicide. It's amazing what women have tolerated.

As for hitting a LADY, a LADY would not hit you in the first place. If a WOMAN hits you like a man, then she should be able to handle the consequences. If a woman hits you "like a girl" then if you're any kind of real man you'd grab her hands or do something to immobilize her instead of hitting her back.

Women have constant hormonal changes that can make us hysterical at times, add to that the Aspie meltdown and you're a total loser if you would hit someone in that condition. Tell me: if an obviously pregnant woman hit you: would you STILL hit her back?

There are also some women who are so shy and insecure that they would never speak up in a forum such as this one where they might be misinterpreted or otherwise derided. I'm sure the same goes for men, but for God's sake: no one said the MEN can't have an exclusive group of THEIR own also.

Maybe it's because I'm over 40... or maybe it is because I have five children, one of whom is an adult... but when people are childish I feel it's important to call them on it and point it out because they may not realize how silly they sound - especially Aspies who tend to be on the "young" side emotionally. Don't be such big babies!

jman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2006, 9:43 am

sistersunshine wrote:
For centuries there were "men-only" clubs and events, and women were second-class citizens. We could not vote, if we got a job we were considered to be lousy wives and mothers... and it was generally accepted and tolerated. Women were treated like property, like slaves. If we were to do that to you men, you'd probably all commit suicide. It's amazing what women have tolerated.

As for hitting a LADY, a LADY would not hit you in the first place. If a WOMAN hits you like a man, then she should be able to handle the consequences. If a woman hits you "like a girl" then if you're any kind of real man you'd grab her hands or do something to immobilize her instead of hitting her back.

Women have constant hormonal changes that can make us hysterical at times, add to that the Aspie meltdown and you're a total loser if you would hit someone in that condition. Tell me: if an obviously pregnant woman hit you: would you STILL hit her back?

There are also some women who are so shy and insecure that they would never speak up in a forum such as this one where they might be misinterpreted or otherwise derided. I'm sure the same goes for men, but for God's sake: no one said the MEN can't have an exclusive group of THEIR own also.

Maybe it's because I'm over 40... or maybe it is because I have five children, one of whom is an adult... but when people are childish I feel it's important to call them on it and point it out because they may not realize how silly they sound - especially Aspies who tend to be on the "young" side emotionally. Don't be such big babies!

Well I am all for women's rights, I don't think anyone should be dehumanized like that, and no I would never hit a pregnant woman. However I am sick of women being put on pedestals both in dating and employment situations. Because of tokenism do you how hard it is for the white male to get a job in America?

And why do you Genders have to be segragated? Were all human beings. Sure I may not what it's like to have PMS or carry a fetus for nine months, but it doesn't mean that they're not men out there that can't lend a sympathetic year.

Also take note how I didn't insult you once in my reply, whereas you called me childish. I like taking the moral higher ground. :P

sistersunshine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2006, 10:02 am

I was not meaning to directly call you childish. It is the act of protesting something that is not harming you, and that you would probably find to be boring if you WERE admitted that I find to be childish. It's the behavior. Sorry for not making that distinction in my wording.

It's not just women who stand in your way: due to such things as affirmative action, the white male is last in line now for EVERYTHING. Behind all other races, women, those with disabilities... etc.

I don't find that to be right and proper at all. I think it's overcompensation. We should all be treated equally and when it comes to jobs our experience and abilities should be considered without respect to gender, race or any other criteria. Unfortunately, ever since FDR we have been inundated with people who believe they have some sort of RIGHT to things which are really not valid. I don't believe in any kind of entitlement. But that's another topic for another thread...

alex
Developer
Developer

15 Oct 2006, 10:57 am

sistersunshine wrote:

Hrmm? If that were the case, all the male slaves in America would have died out... That didn't really happen.

Maybe I'm wrong however since I'm a guy; so maybe I'm not rational enough to make these statements. I'm sorry.

sistersunshine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2006, 11:03 am

When we had REAL slavery, I wonder how many slaves (male AND female) ended their own lifes rather than suffer that indignity.

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2006, 11:41 am

A lot of slaves committed suicide. Has anyone ever seen Amistad? And there is a statistic I read... can't remember the exact numbers, but of the slaves that started the journey only a small percentage actually made it to the Americas, they died by suicide and other violent causes.

I still don't see what is offensive about a women's only group? 8O :?: What am I missing here?

Do you think men and women should not have separate restrooms, either? 8O

rogal_dorn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Oct 2006, 11:39 pm

Back on topic,

Thumbs up to the hotness of Hale_Bopp!

Cherokee
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Oct 2006, 9:28 pm

rogal_dorn wrote:
Back on topic,

How exactly is that on topic?

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2006, 2:49 pm

Cherokee wrote:
rogal_dorn wrote:
Back on topic,

How exactly is that on topic?

She's complimenting Hale_Bopp's idea, which was the subject of the orginal (and therefore, on topic) conversation.
(At least, it's a compliment around here. People use it to say, "Hey, that's really cool!" and other things that aren't related to whatever was said. And I do hope you were being literal with your question. Apologies if you weren't.)

Three years!

Cherokee
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Oct 2006, 11:25 pm

Yes I was being literal, I thought it was a comment on hale-bops appearance. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2006, 11:55 pm

I don't see it as sexist at all; I think this is a very good idea. ^__^

Disgruntled guys, look on the bright side: it's a way to see all the Aspie women without the men standing about in the way.