How do you cope with life?

Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2007, 4:18 am

music, painting, being curious about how things work/are/develop, exercise (is a must! otherwise i get depressed, run, swim,bike or walk)
wp :D , friends, help people, watch movies

and above all : not have any expectations (they kill me!)

but also : often confused, especially in communication (even with my own (nt)husband, we do manage together because he's a golden man, and we do agree on a lot of things, we feel the same about life and all. But communication, oh my, a real disaster, he loathes giving me detailed information and i am not able to function without.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2007, 4:30 am

Listen to music, go on the computer, ride my bike whenever it's possible, be myself at home and at school, and take one day at a time.

This works 85% of the time, as the other 15% I have meltdowns and breakdown into tears through hating life.

consilience
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Feb 2007, 9:29 pm

Support groups
Video games
Drugs <- short term
Medications
Apathy <- great one
Reading esoteric books
Fantasizing about self-destruction
The Internet <- thank you al gore
Writing

and a million other hobbies

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

11 Feb 2007, 11:13 pm

life really got to me about two years ago, so i just packed up all my stuff and headed out way west. california. i was alone for about 4 and half months or so on the road and in the wilderness, while it was peacefull the thing that really botherd me now that i think about it was modern convienaces, mostley a bathtub and my CD player. the thing i hated the most eventually brought me back. living in sociaty, and "fitting in". alot of what drove me out there was i didnt know how to cope and was tired of the system. now though i'm alot better at copying mechinisms, so day to day living and putting up with bs sociaty offers is alot eaiser than in the past for me. i hope you can find your way dude, much luck.

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 5:49 am

I'm not doing nearly as much as I should. I really need to focus and start doing more on these wonderful ideas I have.

Maybe, one of them is going to turn out well.

I don't think that I'll probably ever be able to be completely happy or well adjusted. But, I can try. Red tape may get in the way of a lot of things, but my creativity probably surpasses that.

So what keeps me going on, is the idea that maybe I can get enough. And still maintain who I am. Which is the ultimate revenge against people that just can't accept who I am.

I can't help but get the impression that I am more well adjusted than all these drones who like to pretend that everything is fine, and that their way is the best. Even though at their heart I imagine their miserable. (Really, different people have different emotional problems because their lives are unbalanced in different ways)

But, having a sense of humor really helps.

JulieArticuno
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2007, 10:22 am

Why not?

I cope with life by having a rich (but not perfect) fantasy to escape to.

JulieArticuno

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2007, 2:44 pm

As a friend of mine says,'I live for escapism'.

beaker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Feb 2007, 5:45 pm

One of the things I read a while back, (not sure where)

One key to happiness is being happy with what you have. Those who get what they want are not necessarily happier than those who don't. There are plenty of miserable rich people out there. They may have cars, boats, houses, but if their heart is always wanting more then they are no happier than someone with far less who still wants more than they have on hand.

My health isn't the greatest, but it could be far worse. My bank account is really small, I could have less. I have friends, I could have less.

I try to focus on what I have not what I don't. It makes a big difference in my happiness. It's not easy to change your way of thought, but small steps are the key.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2007, 6:45 pm

I don't. I want to end it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2007, 7:21 pm

If one lifestyle stops working for me, I find a new lifestyle that doesn't require me to make many changes in my interests and values. Going from Mod to Punk is a good example.

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2007, 7:22 pm

How do I cope with life? By not taking it seriously.

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2007, 4:55 am

ahayes wrote:
I don't. I want to end it.

i hope you'r courages enough to live ahayes, i think life is tougher when you're young

Dr_Strangelove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2007, 9:37 am

sinsboldly wrote:
Speaking of work, don't you guys work? How do you support yourselves, anyway?

Yes, I own my own business. It happened quite by accident. However, my business does quite well, so from the outside I am doing great. However, how do I cope? Momentum. I feel like I am dead inside, like a zombie searching for bra!nz.

IcelandicGuy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2007, 4:14 pm

Sometimes I ask myself, would I be happy being an NT knowing what I would have to give up ?

aubre
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2007, 4:41 pm

My coping skills aren't working any more. I have got to do something.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2007, 5:20 pm

I just have a strong will, and I treat threats as calmly as possible. Some stress, and it goes remarkably quickly.