Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 3:01 pm

Signed. I have one more question. Will I get a reply back as to how it goes?

EvilZak
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 May 2009, 7:11 pm

Jono wrote:
Signed. I have one more question. Will I get a reply back as to how it goes?

Probably not from the petition, but I'll be keeping everyone updated on what's happening from my site (http://www.spectrumites.com/), and I can keep posting here whenever anything happens, too...

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 3:52 pm

Thanks EvilZak. I'm not a member of your website and I found that I can't read the topic where the petition is spoken about.

EvilZak
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 May 2009, 4:36 pm

Jono wrote:
Thanks EvilZak. I'm not a member of your website and I found that I can't read the topic where the petition is spoken about.

That would be right - when we're organizing campaigns, we tend to do it in the members-only "Campaigns and Initiatives" section so we can't be pre-empted by people stumbling across the details in Google.

For those who are members, or are interested in joining, this is the thread we're talking about: http://www.spectrumites.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=897

Praetor2379
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 May 2009, 11:33 pm

There's a woman on YouTube who goes on about this "Cassandra disorder" or whatever it is, and it seems rather hokey. There's a growing amount of divorcee NT women who seem to have a huge grudge against their AS husbands. Though their grudges may be warranted, it seems that there bad experiences have painted a particular brush over everyone with AS for them; and they seem to be on a crusade to warn other women of the "dangers" of getting involved with an Aspie. Just check out YouTube or blogs and such where these women voice their opinions.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 4:22 pm

Praetor2379 wrote:
There's a woman on YouTube who goes on about this "Cassandra disorder" or whatever it is, and it seems rather hokey. There's a growing amount of divorcee NT women who seem to have a huge grudge against their AS husbands. Though their grudges may be warranted, it seems that there bad experiences have painted a particular brush over everyone with AS for them; and they seem to be on a crusade to warn other women of the "dangers" of getting involved with an Aspie. Just check out YouTube or blogs and such where these women voice their opinions.

I've read through some of the threads in the Delphi forum called ASpartners last night. I'm still reeling. For a group of people who claim aspies have no empathy, they certainly have little to zilch empathy themselves. Why the hell can't these women even give a little understanding and support to the AS partners/spouses? I was actually thinking about going on dating sites myself recently but I don't know how well things will go in the long run if they google Asperger's find some of the crap they talk about there.

Before we get off the topic though, EvilZak can you please continue posting here if there are any updates on the campaign. I would like to know how it goes.

EvilZak
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jun 2009, 3:21 am

Jono wrote:
Before we get off the topic though, EvilZak can you please continue posting here if there are any updates on the campaign. I would like to know how it goes.

Will do! May have some news regarding ASPIA soon...

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2009, 9:22 am

I'm glad he issued a statement and I believe what he's saying about trying to educate FAAS people.

I signed the petition and I feel relieved by his response.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 12:27 pm

BarbaraJ wrote:
So don't get cute with me Jacobs or I'll kick your arse in an entirely non-metaphorical manner."

* Personal attacks against people or other sites are not permitted. If you have an issue with someone, talk to them about it somewhere other than our forum.

Merle

Zarathustra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 2:40 pm

yeah, but where did the alpaca go?

Last edited by Zarathustra on 13 Jun 2009, 7:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Zarathustra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 2:50 pm

is it next door?