Page 28 of 30 [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 1:39 am

Kezzstar wrote:
((Sowwy :oops: ))

((Let's just say that that was a paralell Odin to the one that spawned 'me'...))

On sabbatical...

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 5:15 am

Quatermass was lying down, sipping a Coca-Cola as Dibble returned. He had the entire group of animaphages trapped in a bubble of space.

"Ah, there you are. I thought you may have wanted to see this, and even join in some fun yourself. Tell me, where is Ethotoms?"

On sabbatical...

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 2:56 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Quatermass was lying down, sipping a Coca-Cola as Dibble returned. He had the entire group of animaphages trapped in a bubble of space.

"Ah, there you are. I thought you may have wanted to see this, and even join in some fun yourself. Tell me, where is Ethotoms?"

"Detention." Dibble smiled. "I restored your old training grounds and everyone in them that they," she pointed to the animaphages, "destroyed. By the way, you have two assessments due in soon, I thought I'd tell you that." Dibble turned her head slightly, "But what assessments would YOU have? I didn't think you'd even be a student anymore."

She scratched her ear.

"We turned Tommy into a cute little teddy bear, and he is HATING it. Serves him right." Dibble sighed.

She looked at her white student's robes.

"Gah, white is sooooooooo not my colour." she groaned.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 6:07 pm

Kezzstar wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

"Detention." Dibble smiled. "I restored your old training grounds and everyone in them that they," she pointed to the animaphages, "destroyed. By the way, you have two assessments due in soon, I thought I'd tell you that." Dibble turned her head slightly, "But what assessments would YOU have? I didn't think you'd even be a student anymore."

She scratched her ear.

"We turned Tommy into a cute little teddy bear, and he is HATING it. Serves him right." Dibble sighed.

"First time I heard of having assessments due. My memory isn't completely restored, I just know more than I did."

Quatermass frowned.

"A teddy bear? Yike...."

On sabbatical...

kt-64
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 12:19 pm

The good Dr. was in a strange border world, he flipped open a computer he added to his power armour and set it to teleport him to another dimension. A violent stream of green teleportation energy blasted away at the area he was standing. He suddenly appeared in a strange world, high in the sky. The first thing he noticed besides he was falling to his doom was that his digital watch was not working properly.

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 9:12 pm

While Alaric anxiously awaited Marie's reply, Dibble was having an interesting time, and Quatermass was resting on his laurels after his glorious victory over the animaphages, a threat gathered in a distant dimension (in relation to Gandesha). In the nebula left by the supernova induced by Aaron, matter was coalescing and condensing, drawn towards a point of singularity marking one end of Ra'a Ruach's corridor through interstitial time and through hyperspace. Gradually but inexorably what remained of the solar system after Aaron's folly *sorry Unknown* went to feed the titanic reserves of the Dark Lord, whose name could be translated either as "evil spirit" or "bad breath". He extended his mind's influence across the vast chasms between worlds and influenced the ogres, imbuing them with greater intelligence...

Around the same time a doctor was teleported from his the room where his home computer was kept into the world of Cryssna *does this count as powerplaying? kt-64's post provides the framework, but perhaps I should leave it to the aforementioned player to decide whether they wished to be falling through the air onto the surface of Cryssna, Gandesha, the Wasteland, or some other world. Please feel free to disregard that geographical detail in this post.*

Specifically above that world... Quite a fair distance above it in fact.

kt-64
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 1:58 pm

*Hes a PHD doctor, in quantum psychics. And the strange border world was a refernce to Xen (Half-life). And the computer is a crude one he had installed. I can explain what I know of border worlds. I'm using them to make the dimensional transport of a weaker variety. You have to use a borden world to get top other dimensions with human teleport tech in half-life. Your generally right, in your assumptions.*

Dr. Auckland then got teleported again and harmless smacked into a public fountain.
He looked around, and said, "I dont like this place." As he saw middle age peasants washing in a fountain that looked like it came from pre-war new york.

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 2:50 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Kezzstar wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

She scratched her ear.

"First time I heard of having assessments due. My memory isn't completely restored, I just know more than I did."

Quatermass frowned.

"A teddy bear? Yike...."

"Hee hee hee! He looks so cute too." Dibble flipped herself onto her head.

"So, uh, when are we gonna dispose of those?" she pointed to the animaphages. She was getting very bored very quickly. "Can we throw them in the Venus Fly Trap Dimension?"

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 7:09 pm

The ogres began to gather. A portal opened in the cave, and some rakshas, sun demons and golems broke through. Their first mission was to abduct Ethotoms and bring him to their current master, harder than this might appear, given all the highly trained warriors and mages that were about.

The shred of consciousness that had been Sindri's strove to gain control of Ra'a Ruach, who had now grown most puissant, potent and waxed exceeding strong with the energy of the worlds that he had destroyed, and most cunning and guileful with the intellects that had been absorbed.

The nomads of Cryssna were drawn to the mysterious object that was in fact the Master's highly damaged TARDIS. When one found a means of entering and proceeded to investigate, inadvertently triggering one of the TARDIS console's controls. Lacking Rassilon's Imprimatur, they were not able to control the device, and Koschei being Koschei had installed certain aditional measures.

Alaric was alarmed to hear the uncanny noises outside the airship, and rushed out before Marie could give her opinion on the prophecy that Irial had read out.

Koschei's consciousness, lirking in the corner of the brain of a hybrid, harpy-like body currently shared with Sindri and Ra'a Ruach, was drawn to the unauthorised use of his TARDIS, drawing much of Ra'a Ruach's power with him, momentarily weakening the legions of minions that the evil entity was seeking to direct. As a result the heightened power that was briefly possessed by the Master, which rivalled that of the Source which he had temporarily held on Traken, rendered seizing control of the young nomad easier than usual; it also briefly rendered him a being of powers just short of Chaos'/Quatermass', enabling him to blast Alaric into a distant world where peasants resembling those of Mediaeval Europe frollicked in a fountain from a much later era. While Alaric strove to adjust to this anachronistic sight, Koschei on Cryssna sought to draw the Mind Lich from Marie's mind, oblivious to the almost certain damage this would wreak upon her delicate psyche, and indeed probably on her body as well. Nor was that all he was oblivious to, for he was reckoning without Irial...

cruimh_shionnachain
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 10:02 am

Before Irial had a chance to collect her thoughts, and her strength, a large portal opened up, seemingly in midair. Irial dove behind a barrel, drawing her sword, as various strange beasts ran through the portal, searching and bellowing a name that sounded rather like one she had heard before. She saw Alaric rushing up the stairs to the deck, and Irial was about to tell him to duck, when he was blasted with immense force out of the world.
Just then, Irial heard a scream of pain(powerplay?) from the area of the cabin, and assuming it was Marie, ran downstairs to the room where she was.
An apparition of sorts was digging his hands into Marie's skull, grabbing for a blue pulsating object located inside her cerebellum. Marie was screaming with pain, but she could not see the figure, and therefore was looking around wildly for the source of the pain. Marie's head then seemed to begin to glow, as the apparition's hands wrapped around his prize.
Irial could not bear to stand by, watching what could be Marie's death. She imagined a body of flesh on the apparition, and as though there was water being dumped upon his head, he became solid. Irial then drew her sword and severed both his hands, leaving the figure's wrists protruding from Marie's skull. Marie began screaming even more, and after deftly stabbing the man, attempted calming Marie down with: "Don't worry. I'll get his hands out of your head in a second. I just need to figure out how."
Then she had it. Irial pictured the severed hands to be no more than dust, decomposed entirely. She then imagined the dust and soot to be located in Marie's ears. "Just shake out your ears," Irial said, appreciating the absurdity of the situation but not bold enough to laugh.
Irial then concentrated, and returning to where Alaric had been blasted away, felt for the route he had taken, sensing his spirit's trail. She then followed it, taking a running start, and emerged, still running, into a medieval town center.

Apathy is not a vice, it is a relieving and downright enjoyable life-choice.

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 8:20 pm

Shortly after arriving in the village, Alaric was seared by an intense pain; intuitively he knew that this proceeded from Marie. He strove to return to Cryssna, but before he could summon up enough strength (that attack had greatly weakened him for a spell) he was relieved to see Irial just as he sensed the pain receding somewhat. he also noticed a man who did not seem to belong here as he was clad very differently to the Mediaeval villagers that were milling around. He had barely greeted Irial and inquired after Marie's health when he turned to the stranger in suspicion.

kt-64
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 10:06 pm

Dr. Auckland got out of the fountain, there was no damage to his armour. He looked over the people and he thought, "Hmmm this is a world where science and this magic thing is at equal footing."He hated worlds with magic. He saw the suspicious looks of the people nearby. He then said a simple "Hello", in as many languages as he could possibly spit out.

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 11:04 pm

The stranger greeted them in a goodly number of the languages in which Alaric was fluent. He returned the greeting, introduced himself and Irial to the traveller, and asked for his name. *is it power playing to assume that Alaric is told by the stranger, "Doctor Auckland" by the way kt-64?* He also asked one of the peasants as to the name of the place. The answer astonished him. He consulted Irial as to whether she thought Doctor Auckland could be trusted.

kt-64
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 10:05 am

He continued looking at the people his face still hidden by his power armour. He decided to remove his helmet and reveal his human face.

*not powerplaying in my books. :wink:

cruimh_shionnachain
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 4:51 pm

Irial looked at this strange man, Doctor Auckland, he called himself. His attire clearly set him apart from the peasants toiling around them.
She really wasn't quite sure if he was to be trusted; in fact, it was a long time since Irial had bothered to trust people. Then the doctor did something that made her change her mind.
Irial had read somewhere, in a book she had borrowed(well, stolen) from Muirhearteach's library several months ago, that it was a sign of respect and trust among some people to show others their face. At the time, Irial had thought it absurd, even though her own pupil-less eyes had marked her out as a prophetess many times. She decided, right there, that if this Doctor Auckland was one of those people, she had no choice but to trust him, as well.
In a low voice, Irial said to Alaric,
"I think we must. I think he either can help us, or we him."

Apathy is not a vice, it is a relieving and downright enjoyable life-choice.

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 7:52 pm

"Well in that case..." began Alaric, then hesitated for a brief interval. "By the way would it be permissable to inquire what precisely you are a doctor in? PhD, Doctor of Divinity, Medical Doctor...? Actually what ever the case may be, you may be able to help our friend Marie; this is a particularly delicate case, which would stretch me at the best of times; given the recent spate of healings, and for that matter battles, I have been involved in, these are not the best of times, so your help would be greatly appreciated. I would love to have more time here, but unless Marie can be safely transported here that would be a foolish indulgence while she may be in peril. Besides, you can see Cryssna, which is much more distinctive than this place."