Page 4 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2005, 2:33 pm

Sean wrote:
What better way is there to settle a conflict than to make a society never want to fight again? 8)

I despise the fact that some people act all superior over others others by the place they were born. Do you think so little of yourself that you have to slag off different kinds of people all the time? Do you not have any personal achievements? Is that why you have to gloat over the USA military achievements in the saddest manner possible? Grow up.

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2005, 2:45 pm

eamonn wrote:
Sean wrote:
What better way is there to settle a conflict than to make a society never want to fight again? 8)

I despise the fact that some people act all superior over others others by the place they were born. Do you think so little of yourself that you have to slag off different kinds of people all the time? Do you not have any personal achievements? Is that why you have to gloat over the USA military achievements in the saddest manner possible? Grow up.

Yeah, I think this a lot when reading some Americans on the net.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2005, 3:23 pm

tom wrote:
eamonn wrote:
Sean wrote:

Yeah, I think this a lot when reading some Americans on the net.

Yes there is no shortage of ignoramuses on the net. The difference being that they are also intolerant of autistics and people with pschological problems as well. That however wouldnt suit someone who has these conditions though.

SquanderedPotential
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Aug 2005, 2:25 am

Tak wrote:
Aspergers is not a write off excuse for being a jackass, its an invitation to work HARDER at being a human being than most people can imagine.

this is very true. sometimes it's harder for us. but there's no excuse for biggotry and asshattery. i bet sean would get bored mighty quick though if we all reached for that ignore button and left him alone to dwell in his hatred, then he'd have noone to spew it at.

in my mind

"If you fit the mold of a chipmunk, you probably aren't a kangaroo." - DeepThought

Tak
Toucan
Toucan

09 Aug 2005, 3:04 am

SquanderedPotential wrote:
Tak wrote:
Aspergers is not a write off excuse for being a jackass, its an invitation to work HARDER at being a human being than most people can imagine.

this is very true. sometimes it's harder for us. but there's no excuse for biggotry and asshattery. i bet sean would get bored mighty quick though if we all reached for that ignore button and left him alone to dwell in his hatred, then he'd have noone to spew it at.

Actually I can do worse by being nice, it screws up the xenophobic rage cycle nicely :)

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2005, 3:17 am

I don't think personal attacks are 'nice'. It's absurd that Sean's sentiments are now proclaimed blasphemy. Burn the heretic....ugh.

Tak
Toucan
Toucan

09 Aug 2005, 4:11 am

Postperson wrote:
I don't think personal attacks are 'nice'. It's absurd that Sean's sentiments are now proclaimed blasphemy. Burn the heretic....ugh.

Don't know if you noticed but Sean and I seem to have found common ground.

I see bashing i'm going to say something though, deal.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2005, 4:12 am

It doesn't really matter. Tak is mistaken in her conclusions about my thought process, and SquanderedPotential has made some mistakes in her Theory of Mind by assuming that the WP community shares her opinions when the vast majority of members don't give a crap either way about this dispute.

Tak
Toucan
Toucan

09 Aug 2005, 9:35 am

Sean wrote:
It doesn't really matter. Tak is mistaken in her conclusions about my thought process, and SquanderedPotential has made some mistakes in her Theory of Mind by assuming that the WP community shares her opinions when the vast majority of members don't give a crap either way about this dispute.

Like you give a s**t what I say anyway. :)

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2005, 9:38 am

Sean wrote:

If mods hadn't been regularly deleting the more obvious trolling you fill the board with, you'd already have the vast majority's attention you're so striving for. I assume the repeated moderator warnings don't count for "giving a crap"?

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2005, 10:36 am

sigh. here we go again...

maybe the vast majority DON'T "give a crap", but enough do, and have provided cogent enough arguments so that action has been taken.

let's face it, most the of WORLD doesn't "give a crap" about the important things. why should people be any different here?

Mark
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Aug 2005, 4:26 pm

Sean wrote:

No one in their right mind would want to fight a war.

What has any of this got to do with clowns? People seem intent on their own wars in this discussion :-(

:: Mark

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2005, 6:10 pm

I like for everyone to show one another a little Civility.

There seems to be a lot of Gay Bashing and bashing of Countries. I would like to see the Peace return.

Shelby.

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2005, 9:20 pm

Sean, you are very invested in your freedom to speak your own mind, however offensive it may be to those around you. (Don't be surprised if this doesn't go over well with the ladies.... :roll: )

I wonder what your reaction would be if there were a black, homosexual flamign liberal from some other country who was continually bashing and advocating death sentences for anyone white (or not black), straight, Republican or American? What if he were some other religion that hated Christians and just couldn't seem to shut up about how he felt that all Christians were going straight to hell? Would you be as invested in defending his freedom of speech as you are your own?

Fact of the matter is, you seem to feel that since you are in the majority, it is your right to act this way.

Even if you were 100% correct in everything you say, your rudeness is inexcusable.

I hate to admit this, but you are the only member here whose posts I routinely skim past without reading.....

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2005, 5:55 am

chamoisee wrote:

I hate to admit this, but you are the only member here whose posts I routinely skim past without reading.....

That is the harshest cut you can give someone. Not offending people, but simply being ignored.

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2005, 11:18 pm

<sigh> Well, I'm sorry, but....why should I read something that is going to make me all wound up and upset/angry when the person who wrote it is obviously closeminded to any other viewpoints other than his own? To try and refute him is a total waste of time and angst.