MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2008, 11:41 am

alex wrote:
===================
WrongPlanet Rules
===================

* Mentioning your own site is only permitted once you've contributed substantial useful content to the forums.

- Emerson

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Feb 2008, 3:56 pm

I just realised this post is brought back from in December and I hadnt heard abotu this campaign till now!!

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2008, 6:06 pm

The amount of ignorance in the world is amazing. No one has kidnapped my son. He is who he is and I consider his condition to be a gift. One with some burdens attached, yes, but still a gift.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2008, 6:31 pm

Ransom a post topic

Asperger's and I are old friends. I live on the Spectrum. It is a comfort zone to me. Those notes were written by Neuro Tyrants ranting about that wich they do not understand.

I just noticed this topic, so I guess I have come in at the tail end, and the problem has been, to all intents and purposes, rectified.

I had better go for now. My skin feels as though it is crawling. NTicks, no doubt!

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2008, 7:12 pm

I am not held random, and I am not a disease. That's very old-school thinking, and I don't like that. I think that the people who made that stupid ad up, are held ransom, by stupidity. I also do not wish to be cured, because I'm not a shell. Those people like to make us out, to be handicapped weaklings. I hope that those ads are all torn down, and burned. That makes me very angry.

greendeltatke
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2008, 9:15 pm

The NYU Child Study Center hosted an online town hall yesterday about the ads. I read the whole transcript. Basically they were unapologetic. Apparently the increased "awareness" justified the fear-mongering to them. Their position is that if the world doesn't see autism as a scary, horrible disease, then people won't want to help autistic people.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2008, 10:55 pm

greendeltatke wrote:
The NYU Child Study Center hosted an online town hall yesterday about the ads. I read the whole transcript. Basically they were unapologetic. Apparently the increased "awareness" justified the fear-mongering to them. Their position is that if the world doesn't see autism as a scary, horrible disease, then people won't want to help autistic people.

I'm not diseased, and I don't need no bloody help.