what do you love that everybody else hates?

Page 36 of 41 [ 646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 41  Next

do you hate things that everybody else loves?
yes I do! :x 76%  76%  [ 78 ]
I'm not sure :shrug: 15%  15%  [ 15 ]
nope, I am totally in sync with everybody else :bounce: :bounce: 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I just wanna lucscious soft serve ice cream :chef: 9%  9%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 102

captain mills
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jan 2016, 5:05 am

Things I hate that people my age seem to love:

Drinking alcohol
Clubbing
Bars
Loud music (apart from specific circumstances)
Late nights
Doing everything with other people!
Being spontaneous

Things I like that other people seem to not like:

Learning new things
Watching the same TV shows over and over
Predictability

Luckily as I head into my late twenties some of my friends are rethinking their view on the things I hate!

Female, twenties, UK, recently diagnosed Aspie

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2016, 2:48 pm

am not generally a morning person, I seem allergic to them in fact. most folks are more morning-oriented than I am. this has long been the case.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2016, 2:53 pm

Something that really annoys the s**t out of me is when people say that they/someone else "said" something when in actuality they "asked" something. People just can't seem to understand the fact that you don't say a question, you ask it. That's just not proper English.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2016, 2:54 pm

I would rather not use the word hate, as it is an extremely strong word. However, I dislike loud noises/music, partying, socializing, shopping [unless it's for books or video games], drinking alcohol, and many other things besides. I also don't like getting up early in the morning.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2016, 3:19 pm

I get annoyed at people who are rule-bound, who worship rules.

zzaspergerzz

28 Jan 2016, 11:57 pm

Non-processed, non-chemical laden food.

(apparently everybody hates it, because it is always the food that gets discontinued on the grocery shelf)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 11:59 pm

zzaspergerzz wrote:
Non-processed, non-chemical laden food. (apparently everybody hates it, because it is always the food that gets discontinued on the grocery shelf)

if I could cook, and if I had more moolah I'd be eatin' more of the healthy food you describe. :chef:

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 12:05 am

Healthy food is unfortunately much more expensive than the processed crap nowadays :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 12:07 am

Yigeren wrote:
Healthy food is unfortunately much more expensive than the processed crap nowadays :(

I try to eat the healthiest processed crap I can find :chef:

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2016, 8:16 am

It took me a week to read all the post. Wish I followed this sooner.

Things I hate everyone else loves:

-nutella and chocolate hazelnut spreads
-this trend in food that is excessive, were all they do is make the portions bigger, there is this place in SoHo called Black Tap that just dumps every sweet thing in existance together for a "milkshake"
-Minions from Despicable Me, I have to supress my rage whenever I see a minion post on facebook or minion merchandise
-mainstream music
-console gaming, sorry I'm part of the glorious PC gaming master race, hard to discuss gaming outside of multiplats
-mainstream multiplat games, I could care less about Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, or whatever overhyped AAA game is coming out, my taste is for games that aren't milked to death or generic
-Voxel art style games, when I see them all I see is desperate attempt to cash in on Minecraft's fame
-Most fads

Speaking of anime

Yigeren wrote:
Huge eyes with unrealistic colors
Small pointy noses
No lips except on adult females
Unrealistic facial expressions
Humongous, ugly ears (not all the time)
Unrealistic hair and hair colors
Often racist or stereotypical drawings of other races
The characters all could be the same person almost because the facial characteristics are too similar
Sound effects which are overdone

The biggest thing is really that the characters all look the same. So boring.

Depends on the anime and some of that stuff applies to Western cartoons as well. I hate the art styles for some Western cartoons as they look to "realistic", gross, weird or lazy.

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
The proportionately large eyes of Anime characters always freaks me out. (Not just Anime, the bug eyed Powder Puff Girls fall into this too) That and the sheer expressiveness of them can come off as jarring, especially because I have trouble reading the intent behind faces. So a very expressive character, when emoting, comes off as deep Uncanny Valley. And some Animes can get way too fanservicy for my tastes.

I can understand some that the big eyes do seem a bit disturbing for some. Not all anime characters have big eyes though in some the art style looks like it was made by a Western person and in some animes some characters have big eyes while others don't.

So I'm address some of the issues both you guys have with anime by pointing out ones that don't do those things like big eyes or stereotypical/racist drawings of other races/ethnicities

Fist of The North Star

Trigun

Berserk

Space Dandy (well at least with human/human-like characters)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (if you look at the manga it could pass for a western comic with its art style)

Cowboy Bebop

Cyborg 009 definitely does not look like a typical anime

Eureka Seven

One Piece, if anything the characters got big mouths

Full Metal Alchemist

Michiko and Hatchin

One Punch Man (Tatsumaki is pretty much the only character with big eyes and small mouth)

Hunter X Hunter (to be far some characters do have big eyes but not really ridiculous)

Naruto

Bleach (there are only like 2 big eye characters)

Soul Eater

Parasyte

Hellsing
[img]http://www.absoluteanime.com/hellsing_ultimate/alexander[2].jpg[/img]

Last edited by SnailHail on 29 Jan 2016, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 8:23 am

@ SnailHail

Thank you thank you thank you for finding all those pics of non-big-eyed anime. I never wanted to take the time to dig all that up.

From what I understand about Anime and Manga is that it is more of a cultural philosophy and not specifically an art style. That's why many times the West's attempt to do the style loses it's validity. They ape the style without understanding the cultural underpinnings.

For instance, Godzilla (the original) was not a 'monster movie' per se, but an actual socio-political statement about Nuclear power and the devastation it can wreak.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 8:29 am

Nice pics. I guess not all anime is bad. I'd have to watch some of those to see if I'd like it. The vocal sound effects can be a little weird, but I think that has to do with Japanese culture and the ways they have of vocally expressing emotion on tv.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 8:50 am

Yigeren wrote:
Nice pics. I guess not all anime is bad. I'd have to watch some of those to see if I'd like it. The vocal sound effects can be a little weird, but I think that has to do with Japanese culture and the ways they have of vocally expressing emotion on tv.
It's not all created equal for sure. There is some awesome examples if you want to get started. If you like Sci-Fi, you could try 'Akira'. Really amazing piece of work. And the person who is responsible is one of the true geniuses of the medium.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2016, 9:12 am

zkydz wrote:
@ SnailHail

Thank you thank you thank you for finding all those pics of non-big-eyed anime. I never wanted to take the time to dig all that up.

From what I understand about Anime and Manga is that it is more of a cultural philosophy and not specifically an art style. That's why many times the West's attempt to do the style loses it's validity. They ape the style without understanding the cultural underpinnings.

For instance, Godzilla (the original) was not a 'monster movie' per se, but an actual socio-political statement about Nuclear power and the devastation it can wreak.

It took me 2 and a half hours to get the pictures I wanted, I decided to stop before I dumped like 10 more on you guys and my entire post would be the equivalent of 2 thread pages minimum.

As far as I know these art styles aren't really that popular in modern Japan since they prefer that "cute" art style. Hence some shows they have the typical small girls or a very generic art style that is considered cute.

Anime and Manga art styles and how they design their character fashion really do reflect on their society. I was wondering how in the world some Japanese people identified some characters as Japanese when they looked nothing like them till I learned about the rampant plastic surgeory in Asia, and started looking at more famous Japanese people like those from boy bands which can look like the anime characters if they chose to cosplay.

I don't think there is much meaning into the styles other than that it depends on the individual, especially in the earlier days the Japanese did copy Western styles for comics and cartoons just look at stuff like Astro-boy.

Yigeren wrote:

As zkydz suggested with Akira, you could also try Hayao Miyazaki films like Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro, Hayao Miyazaki is basically the Japanese version of Walt Disney.

Cowboy Bebop is amazing, its messages really touch you and make you think.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 9:16 am

I love Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle! I'm not a big fan of Disney, though [or Kingdom Hearts, for that matter].

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 9:43 am

Those are some great suggestions that were made. My mind is focused on other things right now and I could not think of those names.

Totoro is really good too. But it can be cute. But the stories are not cute. They are amazing. Well, can be amazing. As in all things, there are bad examples of anything.

As for the cultural aspects of the Anime and Manga are that each character is based on some sort of Archetype. There are always small clues to the characters visually to foreshadow things.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13