Page 5 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2010, 11:24 am

I haven't been tested for it, so I can't say for sure. However, I was always the last person to be picked when a physical education was dividing itself into teams for playing some game. Also, I discontinued Phys. Ed. at the first opportunity in senior high. I wonder if there is such a thing as sub-clinical dyspraxia....

oli234
Toucan
Toucan

28 Nov 2010, 2:45 am

Hi Clare Louise!

Well, despite my horror story I would reccomend telling your teachers.....some of mine were actualy quite understanding, let me submit work typed on a pc ect.....

I'm actualy taking a little break from my degree at the moment, I was studying part-time from home so I can start again any time I like.....but I was beggining to find it a frustrating process, large parts of it bored me to tears! So I'm just working at the moment, and looking to do some volontary work to gain experience to get a better job...

But anyway, I wanted to post this article from The Guardian (british newspaper) by a women with dyspraxia.......the article itself is so so, but I think the comments are very revealing.....both about how many people there out there struggling to find work because of Dyspraxia/other nerological conditions, and about the depth of ignorance most people have about these conditions.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... raxic-jobs

Claire_Louise
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Dec 2010, 4:54 pm

Hi oli234,

Sorry in the late reply - I go in and out of wp obsessions :)

It's the NZ school holidays, but at the start of next year, I've finally decided to go to the GATE teacher. She should be more useful than the disability co-ordinator at my school. She knows I have dyspraxia, but does nothing about it - she treats me like a hypochondriac.

I read the Guardian article comments. They were quite ironic. Clear evidence of the depth of ignorance of most people...
Thanks for posting the article.

I had hoped a psychology degree might be exciting - but apparently not. I'm really interested in sociology.