Corona makes me feel that humanity has it all wrong

Page 6 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2020, 7:41 am

The potential for abuse of this “nanotechnology” is great.

50 years ago, a song came out which, in a small sense, detailed what happens if humans are dehumanized by technology. It is called “In The Year 2525”.

I’m not some fanatic. I do most things online nowadays. But I don’t like it that machines might supersede actual humans. Virtual people certainly suck on YouTube as information-providers.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2020, 8:24 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The potential for abuse of this “nanotechnology” is great.

50 years ago, a song came out which, in a small sense, detailed what happens if humans are dehumanized by technology. It is called “In The Year 2525”.

I’m not some fanatic. I do most things online nowadays. But I don’t like it that machines might supersede actual humans. Virtual people certainly suck on YouTube as information-providers.

Kraftie

You do bring up a major issue that could make the idea I have not so great after all.

I did love that song by the way.

Right now though, all of this is speculation and pretty cool to think about. But, what I talk about is decades or maybe centuries away anyway so all we have is right now. But, that doesn't mean though we can't enjoy being with our families, loved ones and if not that for some on here then we can enjoy each other and having convos here like we're doing now.

Even if my idea is not so great we do need some more out of the box thinking for humanity and its problems and Teach you seem to be great at that so far.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2020, 8:46 am

I believe in "out of the box" thinking myself.

If I thought "in the box," I wouldn't have gone as far as I've gone (which is not that far----but farther than what would have happened if I practiced "in the box" thinking).

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2020, 10:12 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe in "out of the box" thinking myself.

If I thought "in the box," I wouldn't have gone as far as I've gone (which is not that far----but farther than what would have happened if I practiced "in the box" thinking).

Kraftie and Teach

If we all were in a group together I would say let's talk about this over pizza or something. What do you guys think?

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2020, 10:17 am

I would love that cube.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2020, 10:20 am

Pepperoni for me!

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 4:54 am

Extra cheese and pepporoni for me too.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 5:32 am

More food for thought Teach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientism

There are Scientists both on wrongplanet and IRL. They seem to have this idea that science is the end all be all. Everything can be objectively studied and quantifed independent of any psychological, emotional or spiritual perspective. Yes, one should set aside as much emotions biases as possible but the truth is it can only go so far. We as humans are "built" to perceive and experience existence a certain way.

Those who go into scientism get emotionally and psychologically biased by believing that they can fully distance themselves from who they actually are. Some Scientific reports are going to have elements of bias some more then others. This is the phenomenon we see with skeptics and the paranormal. They're excellent at using the scientific method of exposing frauds. James Randi is a man I admire as both a rationalist, intelligent and skeptic. But, in their exposing of frauds can they become the biased they're so against and put blinders on themselves against something that could hold up. The truth is out there and science is only but a fraction of how one can get at the truth. James Randi has his own flaws and biases.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 7:22 am

Nietzsche is so misunderstood....

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 8:22 am

Cube, the existence of a force or concept that we cannot prove, define, categorize or observe with our five senses ejects an individual out of his/ her comfort zone, their ability to define some sort of order, control of their environment if you will. Lack of control = fear and fear leads to an unmanageable life.

The belief in God or any power or order higher than ourselves is in essence experiential, subjective, and requires faith. "A leap of faith" is a lovely expression because it requires venturing out from the "safe" confines of science and attempting to accomodate concepts and visions of the yet unknown. I don't know anything about science, I just studied the sciences up to high school level and my experience with teaching hitech developers and engineers required my reading each companys' white paper and delving a little into their specific field.
I also worked on disclosures for patents so a minimum working knowledge was required in order to word documents and translate into English effectively. I worked on splitting radio frequencies with Motorolla for mobile phones and interoperability of computer systems, Microsoft, Cisco it was fun. Nothing in depth, my mind doesn't get it.

Who are the narrow minded? This is a pertinent question that I often ask myself. Is it someone who is trapped within the safe confines of statistics and data, reports and experiments? Someone devoid of imagination? I don't know. Some of my friends who study kabbalah with me are medical doctors, psychologists, some physicists, my Rabbi is a scientist himself. Science leads us to see integral patterns, that everything effects everything else, such as the Butterfly Effect." That nothing is random. I know that there are additional levels of consciousness, that it is possible to expand our communication through thought. 100 years ago the internet would have been considered whimsical and far-fetched. I know that dispute and conflict between us reflects in nature. That harmony and caring for each other will heal nature. I cannot prove it, but I experience it, sense it, and the Corona virus is a wake up call to begin to work together in harmony. We will have to. Nature has humbled us and shown us the true perspective. The economy is crashing, borders are closed and health care systems are collapsing, soon factories and production lines will halt production and imports and exports will stop. We suddenly don't have control anymore. We need to pay attention to people, put them before personal gain and status. Nature will force us to see reason. We really have no control of our lives or environment but if we work together we will begin to heal.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2020, 12:53 pm

Here is a Video Below from the Centers For Disease Control (CDC); a Very Recent
Ted Talk From a Global Expert that 'nicely' Explains How Corona Viruses and Future Viruses Are
What We Can Expect as a Part of Life in the Future; Due to not only Climate Change; But the Raping
And Pillaging of Living Earth in Balance; That includes Encroaching on the Wild Life Homes of Animals that
Humans Have not Historically Been in Contact with; Not unlike reaching an Alien Planet; 'Alien' Viruses will continue
to come to Harm Us; As We continue to Move Out of Balance; not Respecting that this Earth is Home to more than Us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqw-9yMV0sI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2020, 12:22 am

Well, one thing I'm going to start doing this year is to quit arguing with the s**ts of the world. I can't change the world or anyone's mind. It accomplishes nothing. I'll talk to people who are more open minded like you Teach and Kraftie. And, Magz, aghog and others as well. s**ts including "gurus" I talk about here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=382120

add no value to my life and detract from it. But, I will do what I can to live a fulfilling life. I think with the corona virus thing, things will start to change and I think you will see reforms.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2020, 3:01 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Well, one thing I'm going to start doing this year is to quit arguing with the s**ts of the world. I can't change the world or anyone's mind. It accomplishes nothing. I'll talk to people who are more open minded like you Teach and Kraftie. And, Magz, aghog and others as well. s**ts including "gurus" I talk about here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=382120

add no value to my life and detract from it. But, I will do what I can to live a fulfilling life. I think with the corona virus thing, things will start to change and I think you will see reforms.

https://youtu.be/Gl_Omlnsuaw

This is a wonderful clip that my friends have made, I share it with you Cube :heart:

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2020, 9:47 pm

Teach51 wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

This is a wonderful clip that my friends have made, I share it with you Cube :heart:

I love the clip.

I do have some good news and please pray it all works out. I'm going to be teaching in IT in China at a Canadian International school.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2020, 4:07 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

I love the clip.

I do have some good news and please pray it all works out. I'm going to be teaching in IT in China at a Canadian International school.

Wow! That is excellent news! Will you relocate with your wife? Where in China? Please wait for Corona to dissipate. :heart:

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2020, 2:12 am

Teach51 wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

I love the clip.

Wow! That is excellent news! Will you relocate with your wife? Where in China? Please wait for Corona to dissipate. :heart:

1. Yes

2. Chonqing

One of the things I'm doing this year is removing the toxic people out of my life both IRL and online. No more debating with them or trying to use reason with them.