Why do women even bother going on nights out?

Page 7 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 5:07 pm

Jamesy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Men feel they have a duty to defend/protect women but guys also have a responsibility to look out for each other to.

Bros before hoes

Oh yeah my mom warned me once that if I shouted at a woman in public that there is a risk I would get punched by another man. Disgusting how men always side with women all the time. Sorry I just needed to get that of my chest :evil:

Men feel am innate responsibility to protect women & children, who are typically smaller and weaker, from any sort of predator or danger. That's biology regardless of feminist movements of recent times.

Men will protect other men as well, especially if they are part of their tribe. But they're unlikely to protect a man who's harming a woman or child in any way, to the contrary, that man is much more likely to catch a beating.

Uuuuh, you're completely overlooking the fact that your act of shouting at a woman in public is something the observing man is likely to find disgusting, rude, in very poor taste etc. Whether that man has a sexual attraction to the women or not may also play into things - he'd likely call you out or give you a smack regardless, but if he views the woman as someone he'd like to impress and perhaps date/hookup with, then there's a WAY higher likelihood that he's going to give you a good smack for your crude behaviour towards her. Is what it is. Buddy isn't going to high five you for being a jerk and then hope to get your number for a date later lol no way, he's going to call you out for being a rude jerk, maybe give ya a smack/punch for it as your mother warned you, and then go talk to the woman he just "saved," from your nastiness.

Some people have to learn the hard way.. don't be surprised if you catch hands for being rude to women.

I always have the option to smack him back as well.

In terms of hierarchy I will ALWAYS put a child before a woman

Sure, you have that option.. but prepare to have your ass kicked, possibly by more than one man.

A way better strategy is to learn not to do things that are considered so rude & socially unacceptable that they could drive other men to punch you for doing them. Example: Never shout out at a woman in public. It's almost never an acceptable way to get her attention or express your attraction to her and could land you in some trouble with anyone who witnesses you being so rude to her.

One of my friends at the pub called a barmaid a “c**t” and 2 large men physically threw him out of the establishment.

Yep, that'll do it. Lucky that's all he got was physically thrown out vs. given a few good punches.

I worked in a rough bar once. Bouncers wore slice proof gloves with weighted backs and trained in kickboxing. If someone was stupid enough to disrespect a waitress or bartender like that they'd have likely been grabbed by the throat and dragged outside and thrown on the ground. If they tried to fight the bouncer at all they'd have been pummelled. That's the way things go in some establishments. Best not to be so rude in the first place and avoid any chance of being physically targeted.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 5:14 pm

One of my buddies who is 6ft2 and clinically obese at 260 pounds can get away with being as rude and obnoxious as he wants in pubs/bars.

My other friend on the other hand who was physically thrown out is 5ft7-5ft8 and weighs a mere 168-182 pounds so no wonder he is an easy target.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 5:26 pm

Jamesy wrote:
One of my buddies who is 6ft2 and clinically obese at 260 pounds can get away with being as rude and obnoxious as he wants in pubs/bars.

My other friend on the other hand who was physically thrown out is 5ft7-5ft8 and weighs a mere 168-182 pounds so no wonder he is an easy target.

Also yep, physics. Physical size & strength = might is right.. if someone is too big and strong, others aren't as likely to give 'em a punch when they deserve it.

Even more of a reason for small guys not to be yappy pricks.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 5:26 pm

Jamesy wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Do aspie guys cause trouble for patrons?
You do, due to having bad social skills & creeping women out
WOW that's a bit harsh.
The truth is often harsh.
Jamesy wrote:
Yes I can control some of my creepy behaviour but it's not always easy.
Try harder.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 5:35 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Also yep, physics. Physical size & strength = might is right.. if someone is too big and strong, others aren't as likely to give 'em a punch when they deserve it.

I guess short men are the punching bags of our society

Surely though if a short man say 5ft5 really fills out with muscle people will not mess with him right?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 6:04 pm

Jamesy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Surely though if a short man say 5ft5 really fills out with muscle people will not mess with him right?

No.. obnoxious dinks who run their mouths And aren't very tall/big/strong are going to find themselves being the punching bags of society.

The shorter someone is the stronger and better trained they need to be in order not to be dealt with physically if they're a total jerk.

Really, the better way to be is simply to learn how to behave that isn't considered incredibly rude regardless of your height or strength. No one likes tall strong jerks, either.. they're just less likely to catch a beating for being a jerk than someone who is easily overpowered. Simply is the way of the world.

Way better for everyone if you learn not to be a jerk than hit the gym so you can be a jerk without losing fights over it.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 6:10 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

No.. obnoxious dinks who run their mouths And aren't very tall/big/strong are going to find themselves being the punching bags of society.

The shorter someone is the stronger and better trained they need to be in order not to be dealt with physically if they're a total jerk.

Really, the better way to be is simply to learn how to behave that isn't considered incredibly rude regardless of your height or strength. No one likes tall strong jerks, either.. they're just less likely to catch a beating for being a jerk than someone who is easily overpowered. Simply is the way of the world.

Way better for everyone if you learn not to be a jerk than hit the gym so you can be a jerk without losing fights over it.

That’s kind of the reason why I lift weights and do karate because I don’t want to be overpowered by taller men. I am between 5ft7-5ft8 by the way.

I remember 10 years ago when I weighed 140-150 lbs I was picked on by bouncers and patrons alike even though I was well behaved. Still get picked on a bit now but not as badly as before.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 6:12 pm

There's a difference between wanting to be stronger for self defence or deter being picked on vs. wanting to be stronger so you can get away with being a jerk.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 6:20 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
There's a difference between wanting to be stronger for self defence or deter being picked on vs. wanting to be stronger so you can get away with being a jerk.

Did you know in New York sacha baron cohen aka Borat was given at a bad beating because he made a rude joke to a stranger. Sacha is very tall at 6ft3.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 6:26 pm

Jamesy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Did you know in New York sacha baron cohen aka Borat was given at a bad beating because he made a rude joke to a stranger. Sacha is very tall at 6ft3.

Did you know that being tall doesn't mean that no one will ever give you a beating for offending them? :? It just means it's less likely to happen.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 6:28 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Did you know that being tall doesn't mean that no one will ever give you a beating for offending them? :? It just means it's less likely to happen.

Sacha Baron Cohen is skinny though. Being tall does not automatically make someone strong but people seem to think it does.

Mike Tyson for example was 5ft10 so average height and not tall by any means but no one would dare f**k with him.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 6:38 pm

Jamesy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Sacha Baron Cohen is skinny though. Being tall does not automatically make someone strong but people seem to think it does.

Mike Tyson for example was 5ft10 so average height and not tall by any means but no one would dare f**k with him.

So what?

Height generally creates and imposing look as perceived by shorter people, so in general people don't mess with taller people. Even police forces understand this and used to have rules that you had to be At Least 6' tall to be a cop.

There are always going to be statistical outliers like Mike Tyson. Mike Tyson is not representative of the majority of 5'10" tall men.

Again: So what?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 6:43 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

So what?

Height generally creates and imposing look as perceived by shorter people, so in general people don't mess with taller people. Even police forces understand this and used to have rules that you had to be At Least 6' tall to be a cop.

There are always going to be statistical outliers like Mike Tyson. Mike Tyson is not representative of the majority of 5'10" tall men.

Again: So what?

I used to have a friend that was 6ft1 1/2 and very large built. He did once say that he would be less likely to hurt a short man because he feels sorry for them.

So yeah if your short I guess people can pity you and be less likely to hurt you as well.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 6:49 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I used to have a friend that was 6ft1 1/2 and very large built. He did once say that he would be less likely to hurt a short man because he feels sorry for them.

So yeah if your short I guess people can pity you and be less likely to hurt you as well.

That's why big bullies get told to "pick on someone your own size."

But there's a difference between bullying and someone getting a smack because they deserved it.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 6:54 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

That's why big bullies get told to "pick on someone your own size."

But there's a difference between bullying and someone getting a smack because they deserved it.

True.

I was told in school that if you walk around confidently that bullies will not dare touch you but if you just sit there quiet in the corner that they will see you as a target.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 7:01 pm

I remember a short guy tried to attack me once. Whilst he was throwing punches I picked him up. He claimed that was emasculating and complained but I'm not sure how else I could have handled the situation. I'd already told him I didn't want to fight.

There are weak points on the human body, but I know when to pick my battles and running is usually the safest bet. Sometimes if someone's fighting stance is unbalanced you can knock them off-centre. Good if you need to buy time to escape but your results may vary.

I believe my grandad was an average sort of height. He was a good fighter largely because of his condition. Since he didn't feel pain, he got up quickly. The downside was that he didn't always recognise that he was hurt. However, he learnt to be hypervigilant and often checked his vitals. Sometimes he'd ask what pain feels like and we never knew what to tell him.

My friend who is 6'7 simply has to stand up and guys start running in fear. He's actually a fairly passive guy but he's understandably intimidating. Yet he's always polite because he knows no one will mess with him.

25. Near the spectrum but not on it.