Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 11:20 am

Last night, I was talking to a friend from Highschool on Facebook. She had told me that one of our guyfriends told her that another friend of mine didn't want to talk to her anymore. I didn't believe it because my guy friend has problems with compulsive lying to people and has caused lots of trouble in the past.
I had decided to e-mail the other friend who was supposedly not wanting to talk to my friend. In response, she replied that she didn't want to talk to her anymore and didn't even want to be her friend.

It's been 10 years since High School, and this woman has had a grudge against my friend and has acted like she better than she is. I honestly don't know what to make of someone who
goes around treating people the way she does and gets away with it.

What should I tell my friend the next time we talk? What should I say to the other who is being stuck up towards her?

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 2:41 pm

I am unsure who is who here but from what I understand, one (female) friend doesn't like another (female) friend and that you found out through another friend (male) who has a history of lying about some things to cause trouble but the female friend has said to you that she didn't want to be friends with the other female friend.

Have I understood correctly? If I have read on, please if not clarify.

I'd say to leave it alone (if it were me) usually. People are free to feel what they like, although the feelings can't be used as justification for bad (ie rude) behaviour. You could tell your friend, but you have to ask yourself, would telling this make you feel better or her? Did she ask you to find out the truth? Was your friend upset when she told you about it? Did either woman give you a reason for this not liking thing?

About the one you refer to as 'stuck up', you don't have to speak to her if you don't want to. I don't have any notion about your social structure as regards your friends so I not sure if this is a correct answer for you.

Though I would leave it alone, unless I was asked about it by the friend that told you about it (that's what I would do but remember I'm not you).

DonkeyBuster
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 4:03 pm

I think you put yourself in the middle and you really oughta butt out. The only thing that comes of being in the middle is getting caught in the cross-fire.

Why did you feel a need to get involved in that mess to begin with? That's the interesting question here...

It's their problem and they can handle it however they want. Stay out of it.

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 5:41 pm

DonkeyBuster wrote:
I think you put yourself in the middle and you really oughta butt out. The only thing that comes of being in the middle is getting caught in the cross-fire.

Why did you feel a need to get involved in that mess to begin with? That's the interesting question here...

It's their problem and they can handle it however they want. Stay out of it.

I didn't bring the subject up with her but she brought it up with me. Infact, she told me when I wasn't knowing what happened. I then replied as told her to take the guy with a grain of salt and that's when she asked me to talk to the stuck up one. I did my friend a favor by going to the source to see what was going on because I thought we really were all beyond High School.

However, I also sent my friend an e-mail this afternoon telling her what the other had said. I had also told her that she had plenty of other people who liked her for who she was and that the two of them never seemed to get along in 10 years ago.

DonkeyBuster
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 6:13 pm

You got sucker punched... people need to do their own talking, not hide behind others.

My favorite line... So what are YOU going to do about it?

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 8:48 pm

DonkeyBuster wrote:
You got sucker punched... people need to do their own talking, not hide behind others.

My favorite line... So what are YOU going to do about it?

Donkey, I am going to leave them alone.

DonkeyBuster
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 8:57 pm

I think staying out of it is the wisest course.

And I meant my favorite line should also be your line when someone sets you up to do their work... did that come through?

Pity you couldn't be in my head, it would have all made perfect sense. :D