Gluten-Free Diets: Sensory Processing Issues: Relationships

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

After At Least Three Months Gluten ( and/or Casein )-Free Diet
I feel more physical desire/enjoyment and had greater success "dating" 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I feel more physical desire/enjoyment 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
I have more success "dating" 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No change 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
I feel less physical desire/enjoyment and had less success "dating" 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I feel less physical desire/enjoyment 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I have less success "dating" 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I feel some change but not sure what 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I have not stuck to a Gluten ( or Casein ) free diet for as long as three months 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
I have never tried a Gluten ( or Casein ) free diet 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 9

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Jun 2009, 11:20 am

This is a lightly revised version of my thread, " Gluten-Free Diets: Sensory Processing Issues: etc", which is now at: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt1000716.html in the Adult Forum, but because I would appreciate responses from as many people as possible, ( and not just those of you who are already especially interested in sex ), I am reposting with as few explicit references to that as possible.

:!: :arrow: Please do not use any sexually explicit words in your replies because that may cause the thread to be moved again. Thank you.

"I just realised something, 16 years after first starting gluten, ( and sometimes also casein ), exclusion, ( I am very slow sometimes ! :oops: ), which is that not only does it cure my depression, anxiety, insomnia, frequent headaches, feelings of "unreality"/spaced outness, and hypo-mania, ( among other things ), but, ( not surprisingly, now I think about it ), because of the difference a gluten-free diet makes to the relationship I have with my body, it has also impacted on my experience of relationships.

I was wondering who else on WP has tried a gluten-free diet for more than a couple of months, and whether they have noticed, or now, thinking about it, realise, that their relationship experience has changed as a result of it.

I already knew that changing my diet had had an immense impact on my relationship with my body. The first time I ever went on an exclusion fast, I woke up on the fourth day feeling as if I had been living for years in a shopping-mall, next to an airport, over a motorway, under a construction site, and suddenly the "noise" had stopped. It was such a relief that I cried. I hadn't even been aware of how much internal cacaphony I had been "living" with, and it took me a while to realise how much I had tuned out/switched off the volume of signals coming from my body, in order to cope.

Among these signals I now realise were sexual ones. ( duh ! ) I used to think attraction was the buzz and excitement I felt when having a brilliant conversation with someone. Or when fantasising. And, almost inevitably, I didn't enjoy the physical side of relationships much.

But soon after I began excluding gluten I was astonished to discover that I was feeling something till then almost unknown to me, physical desire. Without going into details, I think it was as if I began to react to people with my body aswell as my mind. Or to notice the signals that my body had perhaps always been sending me.

What I would like to know is if people, ( women particularly perhaps ), who have followed a gluten-free diet for a significant length of time have felt anything like this.

And am also wondering whether, apart from that aspect, ( which is perhaps a more female presentation of the difficulty, because of the extra complex sensory processing that women apparently engage in, compared to men, ) a gluten-free diet has had an effect on your success with the opposite sex, ( which could be the more stereotypically male presentation of such a problem ). Because if excluding gluten makes one more able to hear the body, ( respond/feel desire/excitement, etc ), perhaps it would help one to react at the right moments in the right way to other people; if the "dance" of attraction, "courting", works better when can turn up the volume of signals from the body.

So, who here has tried a gluten-free diet, found it affects mental health or sensory issues, etc, and thinks it might have had an effect on their experience of relationships? Or not?"

Last edited by ouinon on 07 Jun 2009, 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Jun 2009, 11:25 am

PS. Thank you, Lotusblossom, capriwim, and others, who replied to the first version; it is now in the Adult forum. I hope that we can discuss this topic without offending/disturbing any family/young people reading. Thanks! :D

Last edited by ouinon on 07 Jun 2009, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2009, 11:28 am

sorry was that my fault it was moved :(

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Jun 2009, 11:31 am

lotusblossom wrote:
sorry was that my fault it was moved :(

I don't know, perhaps, but not just your O word, I think that it was the S word in the original title, which appears on the "latest threads" list on the front page. I guess we have to keep to "Universal Viewing" standards! :wink: