Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 5:44 am

Hi.I was diagnosed with autistic spectrum disorder at a very young age.I was about 2 years old when I was diagnosed.During that time, I was raised by my father, who was raising me and my older sister at the time since my biological mother left.My father never gave up.He raised us and did whatever he could.When I was diagnosed with aspergers, he refused to have me institutionalized, and pushed for alternatives to such.I was lucky to live in Alberta, which had the best programs in Canada at the time.With such, in my beginner years in school, I had an aid, but over time, I didnt need one, and was functioning ok acedemically by the fourth grade.I wasnt doing as well socially, as a result of my aspergers.I managed to graduate high school in Vegreville, AB, and get a job as a stock clerk at a grocery store in Vegreville. Before that, during high school, I was a supervisor trainee at kentucky fried chicken in Vegreville.After 2 years working in the grocery store, I went on to college where I am at now by my own choice. Just last year, in June 2008, I passed my driver's test and got my drivers license.I have recently completed my first year at Red Deer College in the legal assistant program.I have one more year to go and I will be working at a law firm.The recession isnt doing me any good,Many employers are discriminating against me due to my aspergers syndrome.I could not have gone so far (college and such) without the help of my dad and stepmom and family (especially my dad who was always there for me).I am currently looking for a summer job in Red Deer and am hoping to get one.I still have trouble making friends.I have never had many good friends all my life.I have had people reject me and call me names such as a creep and such once they thought I was acting "wierd".

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 8:42 am

Welcome to WP!

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 9:40 am

Welcome greetings to the Wrong Planet neighborhood, fellow-traveler Tory_canuck.

sillyputty
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 11:42 am

Hi Tory_canuck :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 12:42 pm

Welcome to the Wrong Planet!