Woman jailed for allegedly faking doctor's notes

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2009, 11:38 pm

Woman jailed for allegedly faking doctor's notes

Quote:
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – Students have been known to try to fake a doctor's note to get out of school. A South Carolina woman has now been arrested and accused of writing fake doctor's notes for four students. The Sun News of Myrtle Beach reported Wednesday that 45-year-old Naomi Antoinette Aranda was charged with forgery. Horry County police said she wrote notes for four students at Socastee High School, including her own child.

Police said the fake documents were created using business cards and forms and were faxed to the school with fake signatures.

Aranda was being held in the Horry County jail. It was unclear if she had an attorney.

___

Information from: The Sun News, http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com

[Begin_sarcasm]

Thank the stars they've taken this dangerous criminal off the streets... people everywhere are now safe from the scourge of false doctor's notes, and the harm that goes with them...

[end_sarcasm]

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2009, 5:33 am

never heard of someone being jailed for that.

androol
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jun 2009, 5:46 am

thank God, the woman is jailed. Just thinking about how those fake doctor's notes can get onto our streets, it's scary.

I'm okay with people running on the street with guns though. They look cool.

Dionysus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jun 2009, 7:53 am

It really depends on what the 'note'was. The media tends to leave important details like that out to make a story.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2009, 8:02 am

I agree that a jail sentence is a bit excessive. However I think it has to do with forging doctor signatures rather than helping kids bunk off. The law is blunt instrument, it pays to remember that. it is easy to pass law thinking that they are perfect for every scenario, but in reality it is never like that.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2009, 2:32 pm

So she helped 4 kids skip school, and only 1 of them was her own child.

If I were a parent of one of the other kids, I might see that as fraudulent interference with my parental responsibilities.