Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

aprillove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2006, 8:29 pm

this will probably be totally boring for everyone else, but i love to shop using coupons and stuff and doing all the math on the money i saved. i think it is an aspie thing for me. normally i hate to shop, but if i can come armed with coupons, i love it (of course, it has to be in stores i know like the cvs and grocery store in the small town close to us). i don't enjoy it at wal-mart or big stores or new stores. too much anxiety for me!! !!

anyway, i went to cvs today and had fun. i had one mail in rebate for colgate palmalive products. you had to buy 2 colgate total toothpastes and three other c-p products. well, the toothpaste was on sale plus i had a coupon, so i only spent $2 for two tubes of toothpast. then ajax dishsoap was on sale buy one get one free. so i spent $3 and got four things of dish soap. then when i got home i filed out the rebate, and i'll get $10 back, so i actually made $5!! !

then i had another mail in rebate for kimberly clark products. if you spent $40, you get a $10 rebate. everything i bought was things i needed and they were all on sale. even on sale, it came to $45, but then i had coupons. for one product i had a $2 and two $1.50 coupons. for another product i had four $1 coupon plus a cvs coupon for $2. then on the other product i had a coupon for $2 and a coupon for $.40. then i also had some cvs extra bucks (if you don't know, you have a card you scan every time you go, then you get 2% back on your purchases). anyway, i had $9.50 in extra bucks. so my on sale items of $45 was brought down to $24. then on top of that, i have the mail in rebate for $10. so i got over $45 worth of stuff for $14.

then there was another rebate thing in the store. if you bought three pepsi 12 packs at three for $9 and three frito lay products at 3 for $6, then you got a $10 mail in rebate, plus $5 in extra bucks. so basically i got those for free.

i had a good day today!! !! !

by the way, both places know me. the people at cvs don't seem to mind. most know we are poor and struggling. the grocery store isn't so appreciative. most of the checkers don't care, but there are a few that can't stand it when i find really good deals (i've even had it where i made money).

april

Liorda
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jan 2006, 10:31 pm

Who are they to judge????

DrGonzo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2006, 12:57 am

Who cares what those people think, you're the one getting great deals. :)

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 4:54 am

I think your awesome.

I hope that each time you leave the store, the retailer paid a portion of your goodies.

Wanna know what i have noticed; except for sundries, most of the great bargains and worthwhile coupons are for junk food, or junk beverage.
wheres the coupons for the Gala Apples?

aprillove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2006, 11:19 am

i especially like it when it's at the grocery store because that's the chain that steve worked for. he worked at the warehouse and they fired him for union activities. we filed a suit against them and they settled out of court, but i still love to sock it to that store. most of the clerks there are kids and if there's a really good deal, they'll even do the same thing once their off work. it's some of the older ones that don't like it--like it coming out of their paycheck or something.

there's coupons out there for everything!! i get coupons through a coupon swap. you send in coupons you don't use and a list of what you want coupons for, and then you get back coupons. if you send in one stamps worth of coupons, then that's what you get back. if you send in two, then that's what you get. and it's free.

for christmas stocking stuffers, i had tons of coupons for gum (orbit, trident, etc). a lot of them were buy one get one free. the kids loved it!! !

i also get freebies on the internet. i don't do any of the ones that you have to complete an offer cause i don't like that. but there's a lot of places that are trying to promote their products and will send a free sample, or a lot of the bigger companies will send out free samples when they have new products come out.

getting stuff in the mail is also a big thing for me, so i always look forward to getting the mail because there might be freebies in it. now the kids like the mail though and i have to fight to be able to sit and go through my mail in peace. those free samples really help. most are the right size to take if you are going somewhere for a day or two, or if we're low on money and run out of something, we normally have sample sizes to get us through.

april

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 12:23 pm

hehehe I love a good buy too!

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 5:16 pm

aprillove,

maybe you can start a coupon and rebate thread.

you can post links to different sites that have these programs available.
also, you can scan rebate forms and paste them so people could print them. many rebate forms do not need the origional form, so long as you can provide and origional reciept and bar code.

some people will find this helpful. Others are too lazy to spend the time to save money.

But i think that if it will allow people to save money, by not shopping at wal-mart, then a greater good has happened here.

aprillove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2006, 5:26 pm

one of the best places is marysfreebies.com. she's got a newsletter that goes out where she lists a lot of the freebies, plus she has the coupon swap. i don't have my old links because when my computer went, i lost my favorites and i haven't gotten around to getting them back yet. the other one that's good is freebies galaxy--that's a newsletter too. of course, i think both have websites.

maybe once i get my old links back, i can make a new thread.
april

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 5:30 pm

Then you best be getting busy finding those links.

J/K

although....