for men: do you like a woman to wear makeup?

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

do you like a woman to wear makeup?
no 38%  38%  [ 30 ]
no 38%  38%  [ 30 ]
yes 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
yes 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
what is makeup? 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
what is makeup? 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 78

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2006, 8:12 pm

Thagomizer wrote:
I think I'd prefer women not to wear makeup. Or at least, not too much. It just disappoints me to realize how often Hollwood actors and actresses are wearing makeup on the screen and how their real faces usually looks nothing like that. It makes me wish more movies depicted people as they are. Like it or not, those images pretty much seep into our collective subconscious and dictate what we should look like, and I think that's unhealthy.

Those are the sort of people we're up against. Guys would understand less, but Girls are under a lot of pressure to look like the poeple in the magazines, as guys are so judgemental on apperance.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2006, 9:17 pm

Depends. For most women its just a part of fashion and I won't lie, its not a bad thing when they know how to pull it off right. What's sad though is some girls are gorgeous without it and when they put it on, yeah they still look good, but not as good as they did without.

Good example is there's a girl names Danielle I used to work with who had a thing for dying her hair brown, wearing mascera in a way that made her look kind of pale, liked to put the eye shadow out off to the sides - it did look kinda cute in an alternative way. However she took a break, had a kid, and we didn't see her for about 4 or 5 months while she was dealing with her last trimester and taking the first few months with her son (I think). When she came back it looked like she'd been on the stairs or something because she looked about as thin as before her pregnancy but the first few days back she was working in the back of the house expediting food. Her hair at this point was that light brown to blonde, she wasn't wearing any makeup, had a bit of a tan, and looked IMO looked a lot better than she did with the make-up on (looked even more attractive and even a little bit like a hardass - 2 pluses). There was another girl named Patty who also did herself up with the eye-liner, a little too much, and when I saw her plain I really wondered why she wore it at all.

Then again that's not every girl and I can understand it from the standpoint of style - it's like I don't feel comfortable leaving the house unless I'm wearing some cloathing that I feel pimp in; I guarantee for them it works just like that; its just an extention of their own persona their trying to capture, project, and if it gives em a bit more confidence in their step or makes em feel better about how they're looking to other people - so much the better.

(edit: just to add my opinion, I think girls achieve their most with make-up when they have it applied where it looks either minimal or where it just takes their attractive features and gives them a little bit of boost. When they've got the Dead Presidents war-paint on though it hardly ever looks as good as nothing and never as good as just well-applied basics).

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

alblurt_06
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jan 2006, 12:06 am

Women look more natural without makeup. It brings out their true beauty. :)

OmbooHankvald
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2006, 1:34 pm

alblurt_06 wrote:
Women look more natural without makeup. It brings out their true beauty. :)

What he said!

DragonChild
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Feb 2006, 2:53 pm

some guys like make up some guys don't i like make up cause sometimes you can express your insides on your out i sometimes wear make up myself

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2006, 7:43 pm

People always tell me I look better when I wear makeup :(

omega
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Feb 2006, 8:30 pm

QuirkyCarla wrote:
People always tell me I look better when I wear makeup :(
That are the few that like it Carla. The ones that do not like it, do not talk about your make up to you ;-)
(jk?)

Comkeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Feb 2006, 2:58 am

The most beautiful women I've seen are those who hardly wore any makeup.