Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2006, 6:43 pm

I HAVE AN IDEA -- for women specifically (maybe even some guys too, that is if you wear makeup)...

I've noticed how absorbed people can be in their appearances. Personally, I hate it. I've also noticed that if we wear makeup, we tend to worry even more, though it's meant to make us worry less. Isn't that weird? you'rea always worrying that it's smudged or coming off or that it doesn't look good or it's too heavy or something like that. It does bring out some confidence but you think too much about it.

Here's a thought: why don't we propose a no-makeup day? or just randomly some of us could not wear any makeup (not even concealer) no matter how blotchy our skin is, or how much acne, or how big those under-eye circles are? i think it would be really cool. Especially if you're the type of person who wears makeup all the time (example: me) so if you have those little flaws in your skin, you don't need to worry about them!

Who's with me?

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

18 Jan 2006, 6:49 pm

I do NO makeup almost everyday!!

But Im for a NO MAKEUP DAY nation, no WORLD wide!!

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2006, 6:58 pm

Todfay was at least my 180th no-makeup day in a row, I think. ;)

alex
Developer
Developer

18 Jan 2006, 7:12 pm

I usually don't wear makeup.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2006, 7:13 pm

I have never worn makeup,I don't understand the point in disgusing something for others.
All female members in my family wear it,and say they would hate to be seen without it as they have always worn it,it'd be interesting to see what those dependant on it would do [would they agree with a no make up day,or be too paranoid without it?] Interesting idea for a themed day.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2006, 8:26 pm

alex wrote:
I usually don't wear makeup.

That's a brave admission on your part. :wink:

I don't wear make-up very often. When I do it's as little as possible - a little foundation to even out my skin tone, some concealer, compressed powder...if I want to be very spiffy I'll put on mascara, maybe even some lip gloss. But most days I don't bother.

I don't own any lipstick, and I do have eyeliner and blush but never had used - in fact I haven't even opened the packages. [/quote]

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2006, 9:45 pm

I think the last time I wore makeup was the night of the Senior Ball the night before high school graduation. And then it was a complete war between my mother and I---eventually I gave in. It was, after all, a dance and it was only four very long hours (but four hours nonetheless.) So I think I've managed to go without makeup for about two years and counting. I the way it feels, plus I don't understand the necessity.

Pixel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jan 2006, 11:15 pm

I'm not a big fan of makeup either. I never ever used to wear it, but since I started nursing school I wear it to school every day. We don't do it for men - we do it because other women expect it!

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2006, 11:20 pm

I haven't worn make up since High School (I'm 31) at which point I wore far too much . . .

It is all part of my 'what you see is what you get' theory - plus, as far as I can tell the reason I'd wear make up is to attract a mate - I am in no way interested in attracting anyone - especially not someone that would insist in staying in MY house . . . therefore it is a waste of money and time . . .

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2006, 11:29 pm

I only wore makeup on the night of my senior prom.

I don't see the point. If you're going to attract someone, why do it with dishonesty like that?

It also takes too long, and I have no idea how to apply it. Plus it just feels funny, and is usually not good for your skin in the long run, anyway.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2006, 11:52 pm

It'd be cheaper to go outside for enough time to get the sweat and sunshine to fix my face, make up is expensive.

OTTILY
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jan 2006, 8:53 am

I have worn make-up every day bar 2 since I was 13 due to being called "panda eyes" by two seperate people, it got addictive concidering the change it made to how i was perceived and i ended up bleaching my hair too. I know i look like a full blown bimbo but god help the person who judges that i am! as a few exes have learned anyway!
I got suspended several times from school for wearing it, but they should have seen that there was a problem other than "blatant lack of respect for school rules"
I went shopping with none on two weeks ago and i wont be trying that again, although if i'm staying in i wear none at all. If i had the time to get a tan sunbed induced or reall then i would only use mascarra.
I can't live without make-up! If EVERYONE went without make-up for a day then i vote yes!
I always wonder why people think make-up is worn purely "to attract someone" also???

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 2:11 pm

i'll go without make-up, as long as you don't mind me frightening small children and horses.

Tails
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2006, 2:14 pm

I can't stand the feeling of make-up on my face. Therefore I never ever wear it. Luckily I don't really need to anyway.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 8:27 pm

OTTILY wrote:
I have worn make-up every day bar 2 since I was 13 due to being called "panda eyes" by two seperate people, it got addictive concidering the change it made to how i was perceived and i ended up bleaching my hair too. I know i look like a full blown bimbo but god help the person who judges that i am! as a few exes have learned anyway!
I got suspended several times from school for wearing it, but they should have seen that there was a problem other than "blatant lack of respect for school rules"
I went shopping with none on two weeks ago and i wont be trying that again, although if i'm staying in i wear none at all. If i had the time to get a tan sunbed induced or reall then i would only use mascarra.
I can't live without make-up! If EVERYONE went without make-up for a day then i vote yes!
I always wonder why people think make-up is worn purely "to attract someone" also???

It can also make someone feel better about themseves.

I wear foundation out if my skin is looking crap some days. I have had the same problem with men. The see me and automatically think "what an easy bimbo", but little do they know that I am nothing like that at all - which they soon find out, and then they say to me "I can't figure you out" (That's the most common phase said to me)

My mother often gives me warnings about giving out the "wrong messages".