New Bk on Autism/Spirituality. Help please moderators?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

criss
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2009, 7:20 am

My book, ' A Painful Gift'- A Journey of a
Soul with Autism' will be in the shops this coming Monday the 6th of July.

It is published by Darton Longman & Todd.
The foreword is written by Jean Vanier, with contributions from Donna Williams, Gerrard Hughes & Bronwen Astor.

In essence it is a book about spirituality & the struggle of living a double life, the life of 'unknowing' I had AS, & then through the diagnosis of HFA, thus finding the 'other half' of my soul. The process of intigrating this new understanding of myself is fully covered.

It is a book I hope will offer hope for so many of us in the spectrum, especially those suffering with depression, & for those who ache for what they find so hard to bare, such as the struggle for self worth in relationships, work & the longing for belonging in a world that can often feel so alien to us.

For those unable to pay the 12 pounds 95pence, I will be pleased to send the book completely free of charge......just pm me.

However, I NEED YOUR HELP, as I have been trying to make contact with wp via the contact us link (3times) & am clueless as to how to proceed about getting the book reviewd or at least logged in the book selections.

any advise?

in the meantime, for those who would like a little more information about me or the book, just visit my website below.

go well

chris

"We are here on earth for a little space to learn to bear the beams of love." (William Blake)

Thank God for science, but feed me poetry please, as I am one that desires the meal & not the menu. (My own)

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2009, 8:07 am

well done Criss :D

I am so pleased for you!

:sunny:

SteveeVader
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jun 2009, 8:58 am

well done friend I would actually buy that, I am kinda annoyed with the stagnation of th book market at the moment with the vile amount of fiction in the book shops and litle fact or psychology books, I like books like yours and will certainly help out I think alex the creator i really busy at the moment with other projects and boosting wp awareness hopefully he will get back with you.

I am interested with how you got published and what te procedure was like for you as I will be writing a growing up with aspergers and finding yourself, self help and what to do and not to do at university, so it will be interesting hope the book does well

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2009, 9:29 am

Criss, congratulations on getting published!

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2009, 10:25 am

would very much like to read it criss.

ManErg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2009, 11:03 am

That sounds really interesting, criss. I haven't bought any AS books for years - but I'll make an exception for yours as it is a viewpoint that is of great interest to me.

I notice the Amazon page is all set up, I assume it'll be ready to order from the 6th.

criss
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2009, 3:02 pm

Thank you everyone.

Chris

"We are here on earth for a little space to learn to bear the beams of love." (William Blake)

Thank God for science, but feed me poetry please, as I am one that desires the meal & not the menu. (My own)

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2009, 3:21 pm

criss wrote:
My book, ' A Painful Gift'- A Journey of a
Soul with Autism' will be in the shops this coming Monday the 6th of July.
Congratulations, Chris.
I am wondering about your book's sub-title "the journey of a soul with autism".
Did you ever read the article in which Jim Sinclair (chairman of Autreat's organizing committee) explains why "an autistic soul" is more logical than "a soul with autism"?
(it's here: http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/43 ... m_Sinclair )

Jim's article makes sense to me, so a sub-title like "the journey of an autistic soul" would seem more logical to me than the sub-title "the journey of a soul with autism".

What do you think about this?

Thank you,
KenG

http://www.autscape.org/